INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set a naming template "multi-volumes" ?  (Read 1140 times)

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
How to set a naming template "multi-volumes" ?
« on: February 26, 2006, 11:10:06 am »

I would like to put [a-m] albums in volume M and [n-z] albums in volume N using a single naming template (because I forget often to swith to the right naming template).

I tried to put if(isRange([Artist],n-z),N,M):\ into the base path field of the rename from properties function but no rule is allowed for this field.

Any idea to do it ?

Since very large library doesn't fit into a single drive why not to allow to set a rule also into the base path field ?

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to set a naming template "multi-volumes" ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:52:26 am »

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to use expressions to specify a drive in the rename tool. I remember a post by Matt, in answer to this same question by LisaRCT, that outlined the steps, Lisa reported that it didn't work for her, and the thread died. I haven't been able to find it.

I've grumbled about this a few times in the past, as have several other users.
Being able to use expressions in the base path field really would make this tool complete in my eyes.
I would then be in a situation where 99.99% of all my rename from jobs would be taken care of simply by launching the tool and clicking the OK button.

Matt:
Is it a bug that "Base Path" won't accept an expression?

michel

Re: How to set a naming template "multi-volumes" ?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 09:56:41 am »

I don't think it is a bug (the field is not libelled "rule") but I think it is a missing feature. I hope JRiver will implement it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up