INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing files creates playlists  (Read 1148 times)

trott

• World Citizen
importing files creates playlists
« on: February 23, 2006, 01:41:42 pm »

hello all,

Whenever I import files (has happened to me for every 11.1 build I tried) into MC, a playlist gets created for each and every file I import. They all have the name 'recently imported (x)' with x being a number. I currently have 1911 playlists called 'recently imported'. Any idea how I can:
1) stop this from reoccurring
2) delete all these playlists

?

Unfortunately it does not seem possible to select all of them and hit <delete>...

trott

• World Citizen
Re: importing files creates playlists
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 07:41:10 am »

Does anybody have any ideas on this? I do not have the problem on another pc, but do not want to lose my library...Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

trott

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 06:55:56 am »

I'd like to bring up this problem again as importing files is a very slow operation on my pc and I suspect the above is the cause of it...
Meanwhile I have re-installed my entire PC and put the latest MC on it. As soon as I restore my old library this problem re-appears. Is there no way to scan my library for corruption or something? Maybe I can somehow just export everything but the playlists and then import that?

Bill Ko

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 09:12:10 pm »

Did you make sure that tools --> options --> general --> advanced --> "clear 'recently imported' playlist on exit" is checked?

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up