INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to play a playlist group?  (Read 1660 times)

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
How to play a playlist group?
« on: February 23, 2006, 04:06:01 pm »

It used to be easy to add an entire playlist group to the Playing Now - I would just right-click on the group and select "play" or "add to playing now".  This feature seems to have disappeared in 11.1.  As best I can tell, I now have to left-click on the group, then double-click in the view pane, then select all, and then right-click to select "play".  WTF?

Solomon

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to play a playlist group?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 06:40:48 pm »

Thats strange. I'm using MC 11.1.121. Got no problem with that. I can add any list I want by right clicking and "add to playing now". I can even add my mothers grocarie list in .txt format :D
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 07:27:21 pm »

Calculating a playlist group can be very slow if there are a lot of children.  For this reason, we don't do this automatically on basic operations like right-click.

A simple workaround is to grab the group and drop it on the player area at the top of the program.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 01:42:45 am »

Thats strange. I'm using MC 11.1.121. Got no problem with that. I can add any list I want by right clicking and "add to playing now". I can even add my mothers grocarie list in .txt format :D

Yeah, works fine for playlists and smartlists.  I'm talking about playlist groups.

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 01:44:02 am »

Calculating a playlist group can be very slow if there are a lot of children.  For this reason, we don't do this automatically on basic operations like right-click.

I'm not asking for the list to be calculated when I right-click.  I want it to be calculated when I "Add to Playing Now".  Simply right-clicking shouldn't require any calculating.

A simple workaround is to grab the group and drop it on the player area at the top of the program.

Hmm yes that works.  Sort of a drag though.  (Pun intended.)

newflavour

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 03:55:42 am »

this feature would be so handy.

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 11:22:57 pm »

Okay, now this IS confusing.

I'm running 11.1.187 and the help file says:

Play a Playlist Group
Select the Playlist Group in the organization tree, right click and select Play. This will play all the files in the Playlists and/or Smartlists within this group.

But as the above posts point out, the option is not there.

What's up?

After months of ripping, tagging, building playlists, etc. I am now putting MC into regular use. I just had a party and MC is now my only music source. I needed this option to play a playlist group but alas the option was not there, even though the help file says it should be. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up