INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on how to incorporate Dynamic Playlists  (Read 1393 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Thoughts on how to incorporate Dynamic Playlists
« on: February 25, 2006, 01:26:22 pm »

I understand that one of the issues with passing 'Smartlists' to the iPod (or other media players) is that they are much more flexible than what the player supports.

Just a thought - but how about creating a new type of playlist that is limited to what the iPod (or other players if they have this functionality) supports.  This could either be a single playlist type with an option to designate what media player it was for, or a separate list type for each player that supports dynamic playlists.

lOth

Re: Thoughts on how to incorporate Dynamic Playlists
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 02:09:13 pm »

Don't know if it's at all doable but the kind of solution I'd like to see is this: when you create/edit a smartlist what about using a different font color (red?) to automatically display the arguments that can't be part of a dynamic playlist on the iPod.

For instance, this playlist:

[BPM]=<=80 [Intensity]=<=2 ~sort=[Random] [Removable]==0 [BPM]=>0 -[Genre]=[Audiobook],[Web Media] -[Album]=[iTrip]

would look like this (just a guess):

[BPM]=<=80 [Intensity]=<=2 ~sort=[Random] [Removable]==0 [BPM]=>0 -[Genre]=[Audiobook],[Web Media] -[Album]=[iTrip]

That way you wouldn't have to have an entirely new type of playlist (I think that adding "dynamic playlists" would be very confusing to the people who aren't too sure about what a "smartlist" is). You could just see as you type if you're smartlist is going to work on the iPod. Just an idea.

gk666999

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 02:59:20 pm »

+1
Adding my support for the intention.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 11:24:10 am »

+10  ;)