INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.131  (Read 6520 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.131
« on: February 27, 2006, 01:44:52 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111131.exe

11.1.131 (2/27/06)

1. Changed: Podcast episodes deleted during download stop downloading immediately.
2. Fixed: Temporary Podcast files created by a previous session were not all deleted on startup.
3. Fixed: In some cases, Media Center wouldn't shutdown properly.
4. Fixed: The last few bytes of audio would not always get output -- causing a pop in gapless playback. (introduced in 122)
5. Fixed: The translation system could eat trailing right-spaces in some cases. (so "Add to Playing Now" showed as "Add toPlaying Now")
6. Changed: Added improved support for WhiteCap visualization so it won't get asked for modes. (which can be slow even though WhiteCap has no modes)
7. Changed: Menu > Player > Display Options shows same options as right-clicking display. (allows configuring display and choosing a different display)
8. New: Media Center TV now (partially) supports Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB device. The code is generic enough so other bda HDTV cards may also work (ATSC only!). For now only live viewing and time-shifting work. No recording to disk.
9. Changed: The [Library] token in the player bar display area now shows the library name, even if the default library is loaded. (used to show nothing for the default library)
10. Fixed: Deleting a file from the burn queue wouldn't update the burn Action Window right away.
11. Fixed: In certain situations at the end of a CD burn process a "long write in progress" error was shown and the disc was not finished properly.
12. Fixed: Importing image files from a network location was very slow.
13. Fixed: Restoring a library could cause a long delay when finished.
14. Fixed: Broken link for 'Ripping a CD' on start page.
15. Changed: When there is no internet, the "Start" page shows a local page. (instead of the "internet connection needed" page)

11.1.130 (2/24/06)

1. Changed: Improved translation system for messages and errors. (so things like "100 files", "101 files", etc... are easier to translate)
2. Changed: Upgraded to the latest TiVo Beacon.
3. NEW: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks ferent!)
4. NEW: Revised the Language.txt file format to include a list of strings that need to get translated. (all existing language files automatically upgraded)
5. Changed: Revised how translation breaks the original strings into phrases so that ": " and " - " both break to a new phrase. (so things like "Volume: 1", "Volume: 2", etc. are no longer needed)
6. Changed: There were some thread-safe issues in Podcasting.

11.1.129 (2/24/06)

1. Fixed: Library backups could fail to load in some cases.
2. Fixed: If a file was in a playlist multiple times and one instance was selected and deleted from disk, the other instances wouldn't be removed from the playlist.
3. Changed: When a library fails to load, it will prompt the user if they want to restore from a backup.

11.1.128 (2/23/06)

1. Fixed: In some cases a QuickTime playback failure could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Third-party programs that directly got a file name from a file grouping would not work properly.
3. Optimized: Improved the speed of GetAlbumFiles(...) SDK function -- used by many third party plugins.
4. Changed: We can now play more ASX streams since we inform host websites that we are WMP 10 compatible.
5. Changed: Improved translation system for menus and toolbars so that user-text (like artists, albums, etc.) won't get translated.

11.1.127 (2/22/06)

1. NEW: Added an option to keep selected podcast episodes forever.
2. Fixed: The number of Podcast episodes and file sizes were not computed correctly in auto-download computations.
3. Fixed: Resolved some ambiguities in the podcast episode status field.
4. Changed: Added some additional podcast feed keep options.
5. Fixed: Internal cover art for OGG files could get extracted with extra data at the end of the file.
6. Fixed: Large internal cover art images (1.5 MB or larger) could cause crashes with OGG files.
7. NEW: Updated the OGG input plugin to use all the latest OGG code.
8. Changed: Plugins that error or crash during tag reading or writing are less likely to bring down the entire program.
9. Fixed: OGG tags could have an extraneous external image file field saved.
10. Fixed: possible(rare) buffer overrun in Library Server, UPnP Server and TiVo Server.
11. Fixed: With "Eject on close" enabled for an iPod, the iPod would also be ejected after a sync.
12. Changed: Saving or deleting a view preset and then pressing "Cancel" will still preserve the preset changes.
13. Fixed: Action Window > File Properties > File Playlists didn't nicely handle playlist creation / renaming from inside the Action Window.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
Re: Media Center 11.1.131
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 02:38:55 pm »

1. When content is short, MC is cutting off the column header names which have a order number beside them.

Example

2. MC fails to eject CD after rip when "Eject CD after rip" is checked.

3. It also seems that, even though I have my Podcasts set to download the newest episodes, they are not being downloaded. They are merely being listed with the option to download.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 02:59:41 pm »

alarm-feature - update

The problem with the "alarm-feature" must have something todo with the "eject" function:
I just have to eject the iPod via iTunes and the alarm works fine  ?

gany

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 04:53:36 pm »

3. It also seems that, even though I have my Podcasts set to download the newest episodes, they are not being downloaded. They are merely being listed with the option to download.

Same problem here, though some podcasts do download automatic, others don't
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 06:30:01 pm »

Can't encode a CD.
Tried to rip a CD. The CD gets ripped but the first track stays in an encoding status.
Tried it on three different systems here and the same thing happens on all of them.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006, 07:21:02 pm »

In the "Convert Files" window -> click on "change" in the upper right corner to change the new format selection.

The options menu that pops up should default on the "Encoding Page" in order to change media in a user friendly way like the "change" button implies. Right now it defaults on the "Converter" options page.

As a side comment: shouldnt these two pages be combined somehow into one page to simplify? Everything in the Converter Options page could be under the Encoding Options page when "File Conversion" is selected in the pull down menu. Just my two cents.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 07:58:32 pm »

4. Fixed: The last few bytes of audio would not always get output -- causing a pop in gapless playback. (introduced in 122)

This hasn't been fixed for me -- I'm still getting the same problem as before with wav files.  I hear a little pop at song transitions on wav files from "The Wall."  This happens both over Media Server and with files played off the local drive.  It sounds exactly the way it did before this build.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2006, 10:47:26 pm »

I'm noticing some odd behavior with this build where some mp3's that used to play normally now have very sluggish response with this build.  It takes an unusually long time for them to start playing when I hit play (several seconds compared to the "normal" immediate response I get when playing other mp3's), and they don't respond right away when pausing, sometimes stuttering before actually stopping.  Note that I'm playing these songs directly off the local drive.

I tried a "problem" mp3 on version 121, and it did NOT have this issue -- playback was immediate and control was not sluggish at all.  This issue showed up sometime between 121 and 131.

Larry

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 01:47:05 am »

When you're dragging the volume slider with the mouse, the current volume appears both in the mouse tooltip and also in the display at the top of the window.  However, the two volumes don't agree: they may differ as much as a few  percent.

I first reported this on July 18 (regarding 11.0.309) but as of yet I don't think it's been addressed.

--Solomon

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 03:26:36 am »

This hasn't bee fixed for me -- I'm still getting the same problem as before with wav files.  I hear a little pop at song transitions on wav files from "The Wall."  This happens both over Media Server and with files played off the local drive.  It sounds exactly the way it did before this build.

Larry
For me also, with Mp3... the gap size is reduced and its almost gapless, but I still notice gaps
Tamer

Marty3d

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 04:24:49 am »

Bug: Missing fields in smartlist/search creation.

There are inconsistency between the different ways to view fields and using them in smartlists vs View schemes.

See here

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 04:49:46 am »

I am currently converting "The Wall" album to wave track files. I'll report later how it works.

That's the album I've been using to test this issue.  The tracks I typically use to test this are the transitions between "Vera" and "Bring the Boys Back Home," and between "Bring the Boys Back Home" and "Comfortably Numb."  These transitions usaully cause pops.

Larry

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 12:59:59 pm »

Me too.  Been like this for a few builds, I think.

Tommy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 02:51:04 pm »

I'm using the "What I'm Listening To"-plugin, and I am unable to edit the text-box used to customize the output from the plugin. When having selected the text-box and pressing backspace it simply reverts me to the previous view. Very frustrating, and "del" also doesn't seem to work in the textbox, niehter does Ctrl-C/X/V.

Plugin error or MC error? I was able to edit it with a previous release of MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up