INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Remote Server here to stay?  (Read 1451 times)

Myron

• World Citizen
Is Remote Server here to stay?
« on: March 02, 2006, 02:27:56 pm »

I'm thinking of using NetRemote to control MC from my pocket PC.  Since this requires MC's remote server I'd like to know if the server will remain a supported feature in MC.

Since it looks like it will take large investment in time and about $65 in Promixis software to develop my own custom NetRemote CCF, I'd hate to be left out in the cold if J River decides to pull the plug on the remote server.  I'm hoping there is at least a gentlemen's agreement between J River and Promixis to keep the remote server around.

Any insights on the topic will be much aprreciated....

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Is Remote Server here to stay?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 02:31:33 pm »

Remote Server is a very useful feature.

I would like to see it developed further: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=28560.msg216365#msg216365
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:43:58 pm »

I'm hoping there is at least a gentlemen's agreement between J River and Promixis to keep the remote server around.
We've worked with the authors of Girder and Netremote (now combined as Promixis) for several years.  I think the releationship will last.  I believe it's been good for both companies.  They're nice people and very good at what they do.

Myron

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 03:04:48 pm »

We've worked with the authors of Girder and Netremote (now combined as Promixis) for several years.  I think the releationship will last.  I believe it's been good for both companies.  They're nice people and very good at what they do.

Jim,

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Your statement is what I was hoping for.

Do you or anyone else know of any good CCFs for controlling MC beyond what's available on the Promixis site?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 03:12:16 pm »

They have the only ones I know about.  JLee there knows a lot about the subject and has at least one available on the site.  You might search for his posts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up