INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to encode short sound clips  (Read 2158 times)

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
how to encode short sound clips
« on: March 02, 2006, 01:24:34 pm »

How do you encode short sound clips with MC? for example:
start mp3 at 30 seconds and end at 60 seconds. Musicmatch can do this.

If MC can't do it , does anybody know of a good encoder that uses lame that can?

thanks for your help.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: how to encode short sound clips
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:26:30 pm »

Use Media Editor:

Start\All programs\JRiver\Media Editor
-

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:40:05 pm »

wow, that would take all day. I have to do several albums a day. With musicmatch I just click encode and it's done. Is there any other ecoders out there that will  do this automatically (from cd) and uses lame? I'm a media center customer...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 02:23:58 pm »

MC doesn't have such an option. I guess you are the first one who has asked for anything like that.

Could you just rip the clips with MMJB in wave format and mass convert the files with MC?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 04:15:03 pm »

that's an idea however its and extra step I'm trying to avoid. Thanks for the responses....

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 02:53:08 am »

How do you encode short sound clips with MC? for example:
start mp3 at 30 seconds and end at 60 seconds. Musicmatch can do this.

BTW, have you noticed that MC has a preview mode with a similar timing option? (Player > Playback Options > Preview Mode)

You can record the output with MC's disk writer. (explained here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32345.msg221973#msg221973)

The Disk Writer output mode can write the output to a single file or to individual track files. The Output Mode Settings dialog window has an option for that.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 10:33:29 am »

I just recently discovered the Preview mode myself, and i can think of no reason why this shouldn't be configurable preference!!!

Right now I'm having to export my playlist in MPL, then add Playback Range tags to each one because I want a 14 second clip starting at 10 seconds into the track. If I could just specify the Preview Playback Range in my preferences, then I could save myself about 15min of text editing every week!

The other enhancement request is that Preview mode needs to respect my playback settings. It doesn't seem to do respect the cross fade I have selected. When I use the 'virtual tracks' created by editing the playlist MPL, my cross fade IS respected...

Cheers,
Jeff

akhunaton

• World Citizen
  • I Love Music
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 12:49:52 pm »

preview is a work around however if you  take 13 tracks and make 30 second clips it would take 6.5 minutes to record them to wav then you'd have to retag everything and then convert to mp3. Is musimatch really the only one that does it on the fly? The main reason I don't want to use Music Match is because I need to use FreeDB. ?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 01:34:41 pm »

The Disc Writer output mode records as fast MC can decode. 13 clips would be ready in a few seconds. MC uses the
[Track #]. [Artist] - [Name]
templete for the output filenames so you can get some of tagging info from the filenames (Fill Properties From Filename).

You can also play an audio CD directly in the Preview Mode and use the Disk Writer output. Actually, this function is a ripper that can rip preview clips directly from audio CDs. Though only in wave format.
Pages: [1]   Go Up