INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.136  (Read 3609 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.136
« on: March 02, 2006, 01:53:47 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111136.exe

11.1.136 (3/2/06)

1. Changed: Removed XML and RSS Podcast file associations.  They were more of a nuisance than a help.
2. Fixed: Podcast subscriptions commands sometimes failed w/o a reasonable error message.
3. Changed: Podcast one-click subscription now recognises RSS News Feeds and tells you.
4. Fixed: Updated the "How To" links in the Help menu to match the new help file.
5. Changed: Tags will no longer be written when in Party Mode.
6. NEW: "Remove Empty Folders" prompt now has a "don't ask again" checkbox.
7. Fixed: The options page for handhelds wouldn't make newly connected devices available until the options dialog was closed and reopened.
8. Changed: "Tools > Options..." is no longer avaialable when in party mode.
9. NEW: Added ability to pick how playlists get saved for drive-style devices. (Options > Handheld > Files & Paths > Playlist Format)
10. Fixed: CD was not ejecting following ripping.
11. Fixed: In the 'Clean File Properties' dialog the 'Fix Capitalization' selections were missing.
12. Fixed: Some player startup modes (Windowed, Theater) weren't working correctly.
13. Fixed: Library Server was not updating playcounts/last played time.
14. Fixed: Selecting 'Playlist' as a search criteria from the search control only worked for the english language set.
15. NEW: Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info shows the ID3v2 version for MP3 files.
16. NEW: Media Center supports ID3v2.4 tags.
17. Fixed: Tooltips would be over-eager in following the mouse around in the player window.

11.1.135 (3/1/06)

1. Fixed: Podcasts were downloading the wrong number of recent episodes. (off-by-one)
2. Changed: Podcast "Episode Status" field & associated tooltips now show more than 20 different status indications.
3. Fixed: A Podcast Gigabyte is now the same as a Windows Explorer Gigabyte: 2^30 bytes.
4. Fixed: Podcast Options was not detecting a make-directory operation that failed.
5. NEW: Updated iPod support to understand latest 1GB Nano models.
6. Fixed: Podcast feeds and settins were not properly supporting Unicode characters.
7. Changed: Switched back to [Library] in the playerbar only showing the library name if a named (non "Default") library is loaded.
8. Changed: With on-the-fly encoding disabled, normalization would be applied even if it wasn't enabled. (only since build 133)
9. Fixed: Normalization during recording or ripping wouldn't properly support Unicode filenames.
10. Optimized: Greatly improved responsiveness of the program during ripping. (especially when using multiple drives and encoding processes)
11. NEW: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks ferent!)
12. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)
13. NEW: Updated the help file.
14. Fixed: On machines where a language was never selected, MC could fail to run or uninstall.
15. New: User can select video decoder to use in HDTV.
16. Changed: Increased the head / tail silence threshold (but not inside track threshold) for "do not play silence" option. (allows cleaner gapless sound of MP3 files)

11.1.133 (2/28/06)

1. Changed: Decreased the time spent pre-buffering a file in some situations.
2. Fixed: MPC playback could crash with 32-bit output enabled.
3. Fixed: If a flash player file was played followed by an image, the image could still have the label "Flash Player" in the display bar.
4. Changed: The "Set Display" menu puts a "more choices available while playing" string at the bottom when viewed while the player is stopped.
5. Changed: The "Set Display" menu lists display plugins in alphabetical order. ("Cover Art" always at top)
6. Fixed: When dragging the volume or position slider, the tooltip and the display area would not stay perfectly in sync.
7. Changed: Reworked how the Action Window navigation pages are translated so a full list of needed strings gets exported to the Language.txt file.
8. Changed: Revised main tree control translation so things like artist and album names don't get translated.
9. Changed: Updated translation of tree controls in options so all needed strings get exported to the Language.txt file.
10. NEW: Included Portuguese translation. (thanks ChicoSelfs!)
11. Fixed: Ripping with on-the-fly encoding disabled was not working properly.
12. Changed: Dialog and window captions are now translatable.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Re: Media Center 11.1.136
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 07:55:14 pm »

In both this and the previous version, if I right-click and select Media Center / Import from the drop-down menu, Focus shifts to Media Center, where nothing appears to happen (ie. NO import takes place). At the same time, my Windows Explorer window vanishes (and in some cases Explorer itself dies - ie. the taska bar etc vanishes for a few seconds while Windows restarts it...)

Cheers
Rob

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 08:01:01 pm »

Really?

Sweeeet! ;D
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 08:05:16 pm »

In both this and the previous version, if I right-click and select Media Center / Import from the drop-down menu, Focus shifts to Media Center, where nothing appears to happen (ie. NO import takes place). At the same time, my Windows Explorer window vanishes (and in some cases Explorer itself dies - ie. the taska bar etc vanishes for a few seconds while Windows restarts it...)

You need a reboot.  The shell extensions that are being used are from an older build.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 10:01:27 pm »

You were absolutely correct Matt. That has indeed fixed the issue...

Thanks.

I didn't receive a prompt to reboot after install (and as this is my work laptop, I don't usually reboot except when neccessary / prompted).

Have a good weekend...

cheers
Rob
Cheers
Rob

SurFan

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 03:08:08 am »

Hi,

8. Changed: "Tools > Options..." is no longer avaialable when in party mode.

Thank you so much!
Ralph

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 05:38:25 am »

In window Playing Now, right mouse button
CLEAR Playing Now not correctly translates the word CLEAR remains English.

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

David_1cog

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2006, 08:46:10 am »

CD rip does not allow YADB lookup choice for me.

In 'Advanced CD Ripping Settings' I have 'If multiple matches are found, choose the first one' unchecked, but I am not offered the option to choose when more than one exists.

jgreen

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2006, 09:50:27 am »

When importing from a windows explorer folder, both when selecting a group of files or when selecting a folder containing files, each track imported gets its own "Recently Imported" playlist, containing only itself.  30 total files =  30 playlists.  Is this intentional?  Is there a setting I'm missing here?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 09:54:15 am »

In window Playing Now, right mouse button
CLEAR Playing Now not correctly translates the word CLEAR remains English.

I can't reproduce this using the German language file that shipped with the build.

It has this entry:
Clear Playing Now
Aktuelle Wiedergabe leeren

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2006, 09:59:34 am »

When importing from a windows explorer folder, both when selecting a group of files or when selecting a folder containing files, each track imported gets its own "Recently Imported" playlist, containing only itself.  30 total files =  30 playlists.  Is this intentional?  Is there a setting I'm missing here?

I can't reproduce this.  Does it depend on the file type?  What if you do "Remove Tags" then "Update Tags (from library)" in case playlist names are somehow saved into the tag. (a file can say it belongs in a playlist but this should only happen with playlist files)

jgreen

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 10:25:13 am »

RE/Duplicate playlists, it occurs with audio files (wav,flac) and jpegs.  First noticed with 11.1.130, although that was also first 11.1.xxx build for me, upgrading from 11.0.xxx.  I have a "recently imported" playlist of my own with custom edit (media type= audio; limit=9999).  Therefore MC recreates the default "Recently Imported" playlist as "Recently Imported (1)", which populates correctly and is unaffected by this.  All additional additional playlists appear after importing and bear ascending numbers: "Recently Imported(2-99,*)".

If I have more info, I'll go ahead and start a new thread.  Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 10:40:45 am »

I have a "recently imported" playlist of my own with custom edit (media type= audio; limit=9999).

Rename your custom playlist to something that won't fight with the stock naming.

jgreen

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 10:56:33 am »

That caught it, thanks.  It was my own playlist named "Recently Imported".  Sorry.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2006, 11:13:53 am »

This has been the case for a long time now but;

I have created a custom tag called "Album Rating". It's an integer based tag which can only take the values of 1-5.  In the panes view I have it to show as one of the columns with a grouping of 2. However, when you look at the list entries in that column it only shows two entries; "2" and "4". The "2" entry is represents all 2 and 3 star albums but doesnt reflect that in it's name at all. Hence, it's very confusing.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 01:34:19 pm »

The entry is present, but the word "CLEAR" is not translated.
And like the translation looks white I it is by me.   ;D

I can't reproduce this using the German language file that shipped with the build.

It has this entry:
Clear Playing Now

Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

LonWar

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 01:58:26 pm »

The entry is present, but the word "CLEAR" is not translated.
And like the translation looks white I it is by me.   ;D

I switched to german on my computer, and there was no word Clear on the dropdown..... Corrupt Language file?   Maybe try reinstalling?
-

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 02:15:11 pm »

I give it up, it is my translation and my file.
\German\Language.txt > Line 487 and 488 
Clear Playing Now

I know no Japanese however entry am English.
but the error is not reproducible for all others.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 02:34:14 pm »

9. NEW: Added ability to pick how playlists get saved for drive-style devices. (Options > Handheld > Files & Paths > Playlist Format)

Sincere and multiple thanks for this one!! Now I can synch my laptop music directory using offline folders to my MC pc without having to map a drive to my laptop!
Pages: [1]   Go Up