INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.139  (Read 7720 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.139
« on: March 03, 2006, 07:31:28 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111139.exe

11.1.139 (3/3/06)

1. Fixed: MP3 length would not be calculated correctly for some MP3 files. (introduced in 138)

11.1.138 (3/3/06)

1. Changed: Unplugging or hard-killing MC while it is writing the iPod database will no longer corrupt the iPod database.
2. Fixed: Some commands wouldn't translate as expected. ("Clear Playing Now", etc.)
3. Fixed: Viewing tooltips on some deleted Podcast episodes could cause a crash.
4. Changed: Creating or editing a Podcast feed causes the feed to be displayed.

11.1.137 (3/3/06)

1. NEW: User can select audio decoder to use in HDTV.
2. Changed: MC saves using ID3v2.3 for greatest compatability. (2.4 still supported for reading)
3. NEW: MP3 playback supports LAME-tags for high-quality gapless support.
4. Changed: Media Center better handles files with multiple ID3v2 tags or RIFF chunks at the start of the file. (even though this doesn't meet spec)
5. Fixed: It was possible to create duplicate Podcast database entries.
6. Fixed: Library view scheme grouping of number-style fields was only displaying the first number in the range.
7. Fixed: Library view groupings wouldn't sort properly by "Number of Files" when some files had disc numbers.

11.1.136 (3/2/06)

1. Changed: Removed XML and RSS Podcast file associations.  They were more of a nuisance than a help.
2. Fixed: Podcast subscriptions commands sometimes failed w/o a reasonable error message.
3. Changed: Podcast one-click subscription now recognises RSS News Feeds and tells you.
4. Fixed: Updated the "How To" links in the Help menu to match the new help file.
5. Changed: Tags will no longer be written when in Party Mode.
6. NEW: "Remove Empty Folders" prompt now has a "don't ask again" checkbox.
7. Fixed: The options page for handhelds wouldn't make newly connected devices available until the options dialog was closed and reopened.
8. Changed: "Tools > Options..." is no longer avaialable when in party mode.
9. NEW: Added ability to pick how playlists get saved for drive-style devices. (Options > Handheld > Files & Paths > Playlist Format)
10. Fixed: CD was not ejecting following ripping.
11. Fixed: In the 'Clean File Properties' dialog the 'Fix Capitalization' selections were missing.
12. Fixed: Some player startup modes (Windowed, Theater) weren't working correctly.
13. Fixed: Library Server was not updating playcounts/last played time.
14. Fixed: Selecting 'Playlist' as a search criteria from the search control only worked for the english language set.
15. NEW: Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info shows the ID3v2 version for MP3 files.
16. NEW: Media Center supports ID3v2.4 tags.
17. Fixed: Tooltips would be over-eager in following the mouse around in the player window.

11.1.135 (3/1/06)

1. Fixed: Podcasts were downloading the wrong number of recent episodes. (off-by-one)
2. Changed: Podcast "Episode Status" field & associated tooltips now show more than 20 different status indications.
3. Fixed: A Podcast Gigabyte is now the same as a Windows Explorer Gigabyte: 2^30 bytes.
4. Fixed: Podcast Options was not detecting a make-directory operation that failed.
5. NEW: Updated iPod support to understand latest 1GB Nano models.
6. Fixed: Podcast feeds and settins were not properly supporting Unicode characters.
7. Changed: Switched back to [Library] in the playerbar only showing the library name if a named (non "Default") library is loaded.
8. Changed: With on-the-fly encoding disabled, normalization would be applied even if it wasn't enabled. (only since build 133)
9. Fixed: Normalization during recording or ripping wouldn't properly support Unicode filenames.
10. Optimized: Greatly improved responsiveness of the program during ripping. (especially when using multiple drives and encoding processes)
11. NEW: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks ferent!)
12. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)
13. NEW: Updated the help file.
14. Fixed: On machines where a language was never selected, MC could fail to run or uninstall.
15. New: User can select video decoder to use in HDTV.
16. Changed: Increased the head / tail silence threshold (but not inside track threshold) for "do not play silence" option. (allows cleaner gapless sound of MP3 files)

11.1.133 (2/28/06)

1. Changed: Decreased the time spent pre-buffering a file in some situations.
2. Fixed: MPC playback could crash with 32-bit output enabled.
3. Fixed: If a flash player file was played followed by an image, the image could still have the label "Flash Player" in the display bar.
4. Changed: The "Set Display" menu puts a "more choices available while playing" string at the bottom when viewed while the player is stopped.
5. Changed: The "Set Display" menu lists display plugins in alphabetical order. ("Cover Art" always at top)
6. Fixed: When dragging the volume or position slider, the tooltip and the display area would not stay perfectly in sync.
7. Changed: Reworked how the Action Window navigation pages are translated so a full list of needed strings gets exported to the Language.txt file.
8. Changed: Revised main tree control translation so things like artist and album names don't get translated.
9. Changed: Updated translation of tree controls in options so all needed strings get exported to the Language.txt file.
10. NEW: Included Portuguese translation. (thanks ChicoSelfs!)
11. Fixed: Ripping with on-the-fly encoding disabled was not working properly.
12. Changed: Dialog and window captions are now translatable.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
Re: Media Center 11.1.139
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 09:46:21 am »

Unless I'm missing something very very basic, it appears that user created tags aren't appearing in Tag Info list, no matter what the Current View Settings are.

Also, in the Library Fields editor, there is no way to select a Category. They are all together on one line: General|Extended|Audio, etc.

Related?

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 02:41:01 pm »

Bug 1:
Under Options > Playback > Audio > Settings > Alternate Mode Settings > Switch tracks:... The pull right timing information that used to appear after the first three options (Standard, Cross-fade... etc.) has disappeared. It still appears for the the regular mode settings though.

Bug 2:
When playing back with cross fading selected and output mode set to direct sound, everything is great. When output mode is changed to Disk Writer and creating one single big track, it only gets through about 3 to 5 songs before locking up MC. With standard (gapped) selected with Disk Writer, and still creating one single big track, it works fine.

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 04:36:29 pm »

getting a systematic crash if I look for info in YADB.

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 06:55:52 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug, but I haven't had any luck getting images from the Internet. Also, the drop downs in the dialog don't "stick" between sessions as before.

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 09:58:39 am »

I installed MC11 over a new copy of MC10 which was not properly registered.  Please tell me how to purchase at the upgrade price.

Thanks.

Bendra

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 01:24:39 pm »

This may just be an ipod database corruption issue and not an issue with the new MC build, but since I hadn't seen it before this build, I thought I should mention it....

With MC 11.1.139:

I transferred 103 tunes to an iPod shuffle. Then I added another song to the queue, but I got the usual error message of being unable "over capacity," so I went into the MC ipod "details" and deleted a file that I knew would be big enough to allow me to transfer the new song over. The stats at the bottom of the details window confirmed that this deletion left plenty of room on the ipod. But the ipod's "action window" panel still said that I was over capacity (by the same amount as before the deletion). So I deleted a couple more files. But still no change.

So then I closed and reopened MC. But the problem remained (the stats under "details" said I had around 10MB of capacity left on the ipod while the action panel on the left said that I could not transfer because I was less than 1MB over capacity.)

So then I ejected the ipod and rebooted my computer. Turned MC back on. Inserted the ipod back in.... and still I was unable to upload a new song to the ipod (the same conflicting capacity vs. over-capacity stats remained as before the reboot).

Note that I upgraded the ipod's firmware recently (using the newest ipod updater) and I'd initialized it with the new MC build earlier today (before the current problem arose). It's a half-gig ipod shuffle. I haven't tried initializing the ipod since this error, so another initialization may solve the problem, but it does seem like it might be a bug, nonetheless.... unless I'm missing something....

---------------

Update:

After searching the forums a bit more, it looks like at least one other person began having a similar problem back around Media Center 11.1.108. A reboot of the program worked for them (but not for me) -- otherwise, it sounds identical. Didn't see a solution to the error anywhere, yet, though...

---------------

Update II:

Initializing the iPod again and then rebooting the MC cleared up the issue. Of ourse, having to initialize also wipe out all the songs on the iPod (as expected), so I had to load all the tracks back on (luckily I had most of the tracks I wanted saved in a playlist). I still think it could be a bug with MC that created the iPod curruption to begin with, but at least initializing solves the issue if nothing else can be done.

jgreen

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 07:26:54 pm »

In this and recent versions, if you hit "pause", even briefly, playback becomes vulnerable to skipping under HEAVY usage, whereas stopping and starting the same track immediately will cure the vulnerablity.  To replicate, pause/resume and then repeatedly access different playlists and/or competing applications.  This is not representative of typical usage, but the issue may indicate that after pausing MC is flushing and not recovering its track buffer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 07:36:30 pm »

Jgreen,
Please try a reboot.  I can't duplicate this.  If you continue to have trouble, please start a new thread with details about what you're playing.  Tiny Tim?  Petula Clark?

Jim

jgreen

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006, 08:13:53 pm »

oops.
Only happens with ASIO (asio4all).  Wave out, doesn't happen.  The following songs play just fine:

"I Couldn't Live Without Your Love"--Okay

"Downtown"--Okay

"A Sign of The Times"--Okay

"I Know a Place"--Okay

"I Know a Place (German Version)"--Okay

Sorry to muddy up the discourse on certain issues.  So far I've found 3 of the last 0 bugs.

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 03:12:49 am »

When I enter Tag Information in the left hand file properties fields, these do not keep the focus if I swith back to another program.

This is particulary painful if i wnat to cut-and-paste information (lets say from a webpage in IE) into MC. By the time I swith back to MC, I need to point the mouse agian to the tag field I wish to edites as it has lost its focus.

This has been around for a while, so not something that popped up with 11.1.139, just never got round reporting it.

bb

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006, 06:34:56 am »

BUG:

Ripped 2 cd's. I have the "analyze audio during rip" option selected. Audio DID NOT analyze. I had to go back and do it again manually.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2006, 06:52:15 am »

In the last couple of builds MC has started crashing with the Microsoft Application error dialog box for some reason.

I use Girder with MC11.exe to switch out of theater view and minimise MC to laod other apps (Like my TV Viewer and scheduler) and think this might now be causing the crashes.

BTW:  Is there a way to minimize MC when in Theater view using MC11.exe? I seem to have to switch to another view before I can minimize whicj is an extra step/call to MC11.exe.

Below are the end of the log files from the last 3 crashes.

Code: [Select]
18750828: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Start
18750828: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Code: 2308150014F5, Elapsed: 663140, Anti-repeat: 100, MCC: 0
18750828: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Finish (0 ms)
18750953: General: Launcher: Command Line: /MCC 22009,3
18753391: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Start
18753391: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Code: 4325A0F050F1, Elapsed: 2563, Anti-repeat: 100, MCC: 0
18753391: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Finish (0 ms)
18753485: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Start
18753485: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Code: 4325A0F050F1, Elapsed: 94, Anti-repeat: 100, MCC: 0
18753485: General: CRCPluginsMJ::TakeCommand: Finish (0 ms)
18753500: General: Launcher: Command Line: /MCC 10011,0

18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Checking for time-shifting
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Firing stop to playback engine
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Clearing display info
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating statistics
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating playback state
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating UI
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Applying database changes
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Finish (0 ms)
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating statistics
18323484: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating playback state
18323500: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating UI
18323500: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Applying database changes
18323500: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Finish (16 ms)
245857640: General: Launcher: Command Line: /MCC 22009,3
245860187: General: Launcher: Command Line: /MCC 10011,0

46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Start
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Checking for not loaded playback engine
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Checking for time-shifting
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Firing stop to playback engine
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Clearing display info
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating statistics
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating playback state
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Updating UI
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Applying database changes
46953750: Playback: CPlayerZone::Stop: Finish (0 ms)
294583171: General: Launcher: Command Line: /MCC 22009,3
294585718: General: Launcher: Command Line: /MCC 10011,0

Regards
Richard

EpF

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 07:37:33 am »

I have a 1-album Smartlist for which I have set the View to Album Thumbnails. When I click 'Play' in the list header, I get an error saying MC can't find the files, but if I right click on the album thumbnail and choose 'Play', it works fine.

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 08:02:56 am »

1. Crash upon paste of larger image; no playback occurring. Are we obligated to use the optimal 128x128 size?

2. Mouseover of Tiles results in recursive cycling of images...e.g. 1,1-2,1-2-3 The first image is shown over and over ad infinitum.

3. Just deleted files in my DB Delete playlist and somehow deleted ALL of my networked audio archive. I have strange Tiles with wrong cover art tags and track number listed as album name. Turns out I have lost the album field to a track # & the track numbers are all the same number...21. I tried updating library from tags to no avail. So I tried cleaning out my DB Delete playlist...and delete permanently for some reason...I thought it was safe to delete anything in the DB delete playlist.

Using this:

~d=a -playlistid==951029322,=391692652,=995586333,=22203129

4. I, too, have noticed these:

-contradictory to Windows behavior, MC creates a duplicate file by simply adding a suffix intiger to the filename, rather than to advise you that "a file already exists with that name, do you wish to replace it?

I recall discussing this before and if I recall correctly Matt took this into advisement. If it was in fact corrected back then (as I seem to recall) it has crept back in.

MC is capable of creating illegal name length filenames, causing a file which cannot be reads, deleted, renamed either from within MC or in Windows Explorer.
I know this was discussed in previous versions and I believe it was corrected when using "Rename Files From Porperties", howere this occurred using "FInd & Replace" to replace the folder names thus resulting in illegal length filenames.

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.139 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2485 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 366 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 11:35:45 am »

When MC is in another language than English, Theater Mode does not show correctly.
It does not show "Playing Now" and "Playlists"
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

ichkriegediekriese

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 12:50:17 pm »

When I choose a different Language than English, in my case german and I press the "next sgon Button" MC
just keeps on repeating the current song.
As soon as I switch back to English everything i ok!? *confused*

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 01:10:08 pm »

I just created a user field

added the field to the view

entered some data

then i went and deleted the field

the field was deleted from the config list

but the field is still present in the audio\listing

it is also still in the customize list for the current view

should it not be removed from the current list view?

and would this cause database corruption since it is still in the current vew list?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 01:34:57 pm »

BTW:  Is there a way to minimize MC when in Theater view using MC11.exe? I seem to have to switch to another view before I can minimize whicj is an extra step/call to MC11.exe.

Regards
Richard

Richard this post may interest you http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31494.0
The lil prog I made is still making the same calls however it manages to mininimize the theatreview
with just one call (Not tested with Girder), You do see the the normal view first however.
I asked about this at the time and Matt's response
was along the lines that Theatreview is not designed to be minimized.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2006, 12:43:53 pm »

Unless I'm missing something very very basic, it appears that user created tags aren't appearing in Tag Info list, no matter what the Current View Settings are.

Also, in the Library Fields editor, there is no way to select a Category. They are all together on one line: General|Extended|Audio, etc.

Related?

Yeah.  Next build.  You MAY have to reselect a category.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2006, 02:15:17 pm »

MC v11.1.139: Podcasts are no longer being listed under MUSIC -> PODCASTS on my 5G iPod. They are still showing up under MUSIC -> ARTISTS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up