INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB flaky?  (Read 1851 times)

David_1cog

YADB flaky?
« on: March 03, 2006, 02:05:54 pm »

Today I ripped a couple of Beatles albums:

* White Album ripped without providing selection of YADB entries and automatically filled with 'Beatles, The - White Album' for disc 1 and 'The Beatles - Beatles 2' for disc 2.  Not good.

* Rubber Soul automatically filled with 'The Beatles - Rubber Soul' (good!) but did not fill 'year'.  I then tried manual 'Lookup track info from YADB' which produced zero results.

I'm sure YADB must contain more than one entry for 'White Album' and surely there's an entry for 'Rubber Soul' with 'year'?

Those are just two examples of 'flaky' YADB performance.  At other times (with equally popular albums) it's 'perfect'.  Is that just the way it is, or do JRiver have plans for improvements?

The YADB website has said for a long time "We are planning a Web interface with access to the database...".  Is that still planned?  Will it allow more users to join the 'clean up crew'?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: YADB flaky?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 02:14:04 pm »

Nice quote under your avatar, but isn't it "shoe" instead of "slipper"?

There may be only 1 white album, there's quite a bit of machinery to automatically remove duplicates and "almost" duplicates. Don't know what's going on with disc 2.

The "lookup track info" is different than "lookup CD", it is for individual tracks instead of entire CDs.

Yes, we are always looking for more cleaner uppers...

j (wewease wodewick...)

David_1cog

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 02:46:29 pm »

"Slipper" - good spot (could've sworn there was a slipper).  Thanks.  :)  Although it could be a sandal.  Me, I'm a fully paid up member of the gourd followers.  ;)

I'm not going to challenge KingSparta but 'thogo' could be in trouble.  All I need is a login. :)

P.S.  He's also a pickpocket.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 03:05:08 pm »

I found the screen play on the web, it's definitely "shoe" though they are talking about sandals. Drop me an e-mail at gateley @ jriver.com for more info on cleanup...

j

aatreya

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 05:18:34 pm »

I've experienced a number of similar problems.  I like MC, but is there any plugin or configuration setting that will allow one to use Freedb instead?
Thanks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 06:37:08 pm »

I'm not going to challenge

Actually I Gave Up Back About MC10
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 04:24:45 pm »

I've experienced a number of similar problems.  I like MC, but is there any plugin or configuration setting that will allow one to use Freedb instead?
Thanks.
I think the *ONLY* thing that I don't do within MC is the tagging... and god knows I have tried :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up