INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: aacplus - Orange Music Player?  (Read 1120 times)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
aacplus - Orange Music Player?
« on: March 06, 2006, 04:02:07 pm »

I've just got a new mobile, which comes with music playing software called "Orange Music Player".

A significant part of this is their music download service.

But you can also convert your own audio for playing on the phone.

And apparently it converts it into aacplus format.

Do you think it should be feasible for me to convert the music into the right format using Media Center?

I've never looked at aac before (why would I?) so I don't have the faintest idea what the relationship is between aac and aacplus. Does anyone have a better idea? maybe give me some pointers if not come up with the answer?

Thanks

alanl

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: aacplus - Orange Music Player?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:47:18 pm »

What's the phone model?  What's the OS?  If the OS is Windows for Smartphone (various flavours) you may be able to just synch your mp3 or wma files to it.  I have a i-mate SP3i which is almost the same as an Orange MDA and that works fine.  Mind you, I bought my phone SIM free so it's not tied to a network - that may make a difference.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: aacplus - Orange Music Player?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 05:30:32 pm »

It's a Motorola Razr.

It came with two music apps - the native one, and the Orange customised one. The native one can play MP3s but is a bit crap.

So I was hoping I might be able to use the Orange Music Player instead, but it looks like it's going to be a bit more complicated.

Orange supply a converter, but only for certain phones.

I'm not even sure now whether it actually DOES support AAC+.

I tried using DBPowerAmp to convert one, but the phone didn't see it.

Downloaded files are in KOZ format, but there doesn't seem to really be anyway to create those at the moment.

If I create a dummy one with a .KOZ extension, it sees it, but then deletes it if you try to play it cos it realises it isn't really one.

However, if I create a dummy file with a .MP4 or .M4A or .AAC extension, it just doesn't see them... so unless anyone can think of another extension..!

I suppose I could try naming an MP3 file with a .KOZ extension ;-)

the .KOZ file does appear to have ID3 tags, though...

Guess I'll just make do with the crappy player for the time being!
Pages: [1]   Go Up