INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One more restore left  (Read 2002 times)

markp99

• World Citizen
One more restore left
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:09:55 am »

I have have had issues with the 5 computers in my house in the last ~year.  I've rebuilt Windows on each of the at least once, and my laptop numerous times.  MC11 is installed on each, but only actively used on three.

As a result, I have consumed my restores and only have one left. :-[

I rebuilt my laptop twice in the last few days, consuming one restore (leaving one remaining).  My laptop is currently stable after lots of wrestling with hardware and driver issues.  But MC11 is not installed yet.

I am hoping to hear that I can re-use my latest restore (from earlier this week) and not have to use that last restore.  Also, is it possible to unregister from one of the less-active machines in my house and move the registration to my laptop?

I've been a registered user and followed MC thru ~all of its betas since v9.  I love this product and would hate to be stuck without it and forced to move to something like iTunes (gasp) or MusicMatch (ugh).

Please provide any advice to restore my laptop without consuming that last restore.  Also, is there any way for me to see when my previously used restores will refresh (1-year, right)?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Slightly freaking - 1 more restore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:11:56 am »

I just cleared your restores.  We'll do this in any reasonable case.

For 14 days after each restore, the Install Key can be used, without using a restore.  Just click on it from Windows Explorer.  After 14 days, it expires and then you have to use a restore.

Details are here:

www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html

markp99

• World Citizen
Re: Slightly freaking - 1 more restore
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 08:18:50 am »

I just cleared your restores.  We'll do this in any reasonable case.

Thanks Jim!

You and your team's level of interraction here on this forum and support to your customers (like me) is rare and commendable!  That's why I have chosen to stick with this product.

I do take every chance to promote MC11 to the people I work with and the many folks over at the TiVoCommunity forums.

Kind Regards!

Mark

JimH

• Administrator
Re: One more restore left
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 08:26:35 am »

Thanks.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 08:35:26 am »

Hi Jim,

I've also sent you a private message few days ago regarding my restores. I've also used up all of my restores partly because of some stupidity on my part but also because I've been travelling between my house in Singapore and Perth, installing Media Center on 3 of my computers around. Previously I've also bought a new computer which results in me formatting my Windows several time and being the impatient me, I've never use the 30 days trial before I restore my license (stupidity on my part).

I hope that you can give me just 2 restores back just in case of rainy days. Thanks very much.

Derrick
Don't Panic!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 08:40:35 am »

Your restores were cleared the day you sent the message, but I forgot to reply.

In general, please use Interact, not private messages --  I don't usually reply to them.

LonWar

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 09:34:01 am »

This had been explained elsewhere and I found it quite handy . . . . . 

IF you use them wisely.

Ya, While I have not run out of restores, I do forget that they are good for 15 days.... So I restore and delete, Then 3 days later something happens on my other computer and I use another.....

I gotta write my self a sticky...  :)
-

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 10:08:38 am »

This had been explained elsewhere and I found it quite handy . . . . . 

There are more than enough Restores to get you through the year IF you use them wisely.

When you do a clean install of MC, you have 30 Days to use it without a license, Use It!

Once the 30 days is up, Use 1 Restore.  This is good and re-usable for 14 additional days.

Combined together, this gave you 6 Weeks of use with one Restore.

10 Restores per year  *multiplied by 6 Weeks each* = 60 Weeks (One Year plus 8 Weeks)

Viola!

Following this method, you will never use all your restores.

Thanks, Lisa,

You are correct about the "using wisely" part!  The complication comes with multiple machines around the house, unless you can coordinate hard disk crashes within 14-day windows ;) the restores get consumed.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 05:32:48 pm »

Thanks Jim!

here are more than enough Restores to get you through the year IF you use them wisely.

When you do a clean install of MC, you have 30 Days to use it without a license, Use It!

Once the 30 days is up, Use 1 Restore.  This is good and re-usable for 14 additional days.

This is why I said, due to stupidity on my part... =)
Don't Panic!
Pages: [1]   Go Up