INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.140  (Read 5168 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 11.1.140
« on: March 07, 2006, 03:12:18 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111140.exe

11.1.140 (3.7.2006)

1. Changed: Updated Spanish translation. (thanks ferent)
2. Changed: Updated Portuguese translation. (thanks ChicoSelfs)
3. NEW: LAME gapless information is reported in Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info.
4. Changed: Use shorter descriptions for fields in Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info > MP3.
5. Fixed: In some cases, when Windows hid the mouse cursor during data entry, it wouldn't appear back right away as soon as the mouse was moved.
6. Fixed: The "Play" button on the view header would not work properly with a list that was in album grouping mode.
7. Changed: Increased the default buffer size for DirectSound playback. (NOTE: if you get clicks during playback, please increase buffering or switch modes in Options > Playback)
8. Fixed: The player core could dead-lock if an error was raised in certain circumstances.
9. Fixed: The analyze audio option in CD ripping wasn't working.
10. Fixed: "Sync all" option for portable devices was not creating all playlists on the device.
11. Fixed: We were not computing Podcast directory free space properly on Windows 2000.  This made it impossible to download anything.
12. Changed: We now bring Media Center to the front for one-click Podcast subscriptions.
13. Fixed: The escape key and apps/menu button wouldn't work with all display plugins from fullscreen.
14. Fixed: Gapless MP3 playback would not properly account for the decoder delay at the end of the file -- causing a possible pop.
15. Fixed: If Media Center ran out of disk space or encountered a memory error while saving a database field, the field could become corrupted.
16. Fixed: Adding a library entry now has a correct picklist.
17. Fixed: Get image from internet dialog now "picks" the default options.
18. Changed: Mime Types for content from Library Server now reflect the actual type insead of a Media Center application type.
19. Changed: "Feed URL" and "Episode URL" are no longer "user" fields.
20. Changed: Podcast Episode suffixes .mpg and .mpeg are now interpreted as media type video.

11.1.139 (3/3/06)

1. Fixed: MP3 length would not be calculated correctly for some MP3 files. (introduced in 138)

11.1.138 (3/3/06)

1. Changed: Unplugging or hard-killing MC while it is writing the iPod database will no longer corrupt the iPod database.
2. Fixed: Some commands wouldn't translate as expected. ("Clear Playing Now", etc.)
3. Fixed: Viewing tooltips on some deleted Podcast episodes could cause a crash.
4. Changed: Creating or editing a Podcast feed causes the feed to be displayed.

11.1.137 (3/3/06)

1. NEW: User can select audio decoder to use in HDTV.
2. Changed: MC saves using ID3v2.3 for greatest compatability. (2.4 still supported for reading)
3. NEW: MP3 playback supports LAME-tags for high-quality gapless support.
4. Changed: Media Center better handles files with multiple ID3v2 tags or RIFF chunks at the start of the file. (even though this doesn't meet spec)
5. Fixed: It was possible to create duplicate Podcast database entries.
6. Fixed: Library view scheme grouping of number-style fields was only displaying the first number in the range.
7. Fixed: Library view groupings wouldn't sort properly by "Number of Files" when some files had disc numbers.

11.1.136 (3/2/06)

1. Changed: Removed XML and RSS Podcast file associations.  They were more of a nuisance than a help.
2. Fixed: Podcast subscriptions commands sometimes failed w/o a reasonable error message.
3. Changed: Podcast one-click subscription now recognises RSS News Feeds and tells you.
4. Fixed: Updated the "How To" links in the Help menu to match the new help file.
5. Changed: Tags will no longer be written when in Party Mode.
6. NEW: "Remove Empty Folders" prompt now has a "don't ask again" checkbox.
7. Fixed: The options page for handhelds wouldn't make newly connected devices available until the options dialog was closed and reopened.
8. Changed: "Tools > Options..." is no longer avaialable when in party mode.
9. NEW: Added ability to pick how playlists get saved for drive-style devices. (Options > Handheld > Files & Paths > Playlist Format)
10. Fixed: CD was not ejecting following ripping.
11. Fixed: In the 'Clean File Properties' dialog the 'Fix Capitalization' selections were missing.
12. Fixed: Some player startup modes (Windowed, Theater) weren't working correctly.
13. Fixed: Library Server was not updating playcounts/last played time.
14. Fixed: Selecting 'Playlist' as a search criteria from the search control only worked for the english language set.
15. NEW: Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info shows the ID3v2 version for MP3 files.
16. NEW: Media Center supports ID3v2.4 tags.
17. Fixed: Tooltips would be over-eager in following the mouse around in the player window.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 11.1.140
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 03:56:48 pm »

19. Changed: "Feed URL" and "Episode URL" are no longer "user" fields.

Why not?  Is there some other way to include imported podcasts with downloaded in the Podcast branch?

(See:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31751.msg218319#msg218319)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 04:03:12 pm »

Why not?  Is there some other way to include imported podcasts with downloaded in the Podcast branch?

(See:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31751.msg218319#msg218319)

All this means is that the user can no longer delete these fields.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 09:36:20 pm »

14. Fixed: Gapless MP3 playback would not properly account for the decoder delay at the end of the file -- causing a possible pop.

My tests seem to indicate that this has indeed fixed the issue of clicks in mp3 transitions (being discussed in the other thread.)  Thanks so much for not giving up on this.  This is a fantastic addition to MC.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 09:42:51 pm »

3. NEW: LAME gapless information is reported in Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info.

This info doesn't display when using Media Server.  Is this a bug, or is it a limitation of Media Server?

Thanks,

Larry

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 05:31:11 am »

thumbnail text:

took a while to figure this out...

When viewing images as thumbnails, and there are 3 lines of thumbnail text configured via "customise current view", if the middle text entry refers to a library field that is empty for some files, all thumbnails for those files vanish!!

click image to see full size

jgreen

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:15:11 am »

I can confirm this.  11.1.139.  Diosplaying images as thumnails, 2 lines of text configured in custimize view, where first line is blank but second has data, thumbnail is missing and not recoverable, although image remains, and can be viewed in "image" in action window.  When data is added to mising field, thumbnail magically reappears.  Thank you, Marko.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 08:17:06 am »

This bug with G-Force enabled still exists and was never fixed:

1) Start playing ape files with cover art inside the file and G-Force enabled
2) Display cover art in G-Force: Cover art displayed
3) Switch to any other visualization such as track info, cover art, 2D/3D visualizations: default MC logo is now displayed instead of current cover art.

It does not happen with mp3 and wma files! And it does not happen with ape files with external cover art.

It is a minor issue, but still a bug. And it is annoying, especially if you show MC11.1 to other people. If you want MC11.1 to look perfect, it needs to be fixed.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 12:10:29 pm »

Created a view scheme "TV Channels" with file type = tlvb and fields country, genre, name.

Then I renamed some of the tv channels according to their proper channel names.

Unfortunately they are not saved in the registry in TV settings and after restarting MC11.1 they are gone.

In my opinion view schemes for TV channels does not seem to work!

The TV channels as such work properly, the problem is only with the view scheme.

Also: the first tv channel I use to start the tv is mute. Only after switching a channel and back again I get the voice back.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 12:38:31 pm »

Not sure on many fronts about this one...

I have one machine with my main APE library and a second library of MP3 (lame normal) and I have the path to the second lib set up as a Handheld Device and I'm using the manual transfer to do the conversion from APE to MP3.

I also have a networked machine doing the same thing, except its Handheld Device is the networked drive back to the location of the MP3 library.

I just drag some tracks (APE) and let 'em rip and check in on them periodically.  All is well until the main machine gets past the 14 min mark of CPU time.  At that point, MC just hangs, I can't even get it to respond but it will respond to a right click on the tray bar icon but it will only exit with an abend.

I've reproed this at least 5 times now since last night, every time, right after it hits the 14 min CPU mark, it just freezes.

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 11.1.140 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2642 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 489 MB, Free - 151 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5296.0 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   No CD drives found.
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 01:10:43 pm »

Created a view scheme "TV Channels" with file type = tlvb and fields country, genre, name.

Then I renamed some of the tv channels according to their proper channel names.

Unfortunately they are not saved in the registry in TV settings and after restarting MC11.1 they are gone.

In my opinion view schemes for TV channels does not seem to work!

The TV channels as such work properly, the problem is only with the view scheme.

Also: the first tv channel I use to start the tv is mute. Only after switching a channel and back again I get the voice back.

Do not rename TV channels in the View.

Rename the channel names in the Scan Channels dialog (TV Options -> TV Channels page -> Analog Chan button / Digital Chan button).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 01:45:47 pm »

Mike, could you email a zip of the log after a hang to matt at jriver dot com?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up