INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloaded songs to ipod  (Read 2522 times)

kaplapd

• Recent member
Downloaded songs to ipod
« on: September 25, 2005, 03:49:03 pm »

I have used itunes to download a few songs which I then file in Media Center.  The songs play just fine from Media center, but when I try to download from Media Center to my ipod nano, the files appear but will not play.  In other words, I drag the itunes downloaded files (.m4p) to the download box in Media Center and then hit synchronize.  It says life is good and the songs appear to be transferred, but when I try to play them from the Nano, it simply skips them and plays the next.  I know the files are OK because when I download them to the Nano via itunes, they play fine.  Anybody know what's going on?  Thanks....

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
Re: Downloaded songs to ipod
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 01:05:00 am »

Try right clicking on the iPod under Drives & Devices and select rebuild database.
Otherwise, it is likely that the files you are transferring are corrupted.
nick

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 12:21:02 am »

I'm having the same problem -- I bought my very first song from iTunes, and I can:

• play it in MC (11.1.91)
  • sync it to my iPod (4Gb nano)
  • see it on my iPod (including cover art)
  • play it in MC using the iPod as a remote drive

What I can't do is actually play it on my iPod.  I tried re-building the database, which just sent the iPod into an endless loop.  Fortunately, the nice genius at the local Apple store reset it for me, but once I reloaded all my music back on, I got the same behaviour kaplapd described.

Suggestions?  (Besides never buying anything from iTunes again?)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 06:55:45 am »

iTunes may need to initialize the iPod.  Try transferring one purchased track to it with iTunes.  Then uninstall iTunes.

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 11:59:54 pm »

Well, after trying various combinations of intializing & copying via MC & iTunes, I finally had my Homer moment (D'oh!).

Under "Advanced Options" for the Handheld, there's a setting for "Supported Types".  I added m4p, and now all is right with the world.

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 01:41:01 am »

Well, after trying various combinations of intializing & copying via MC & iTunes, I finally had my Homer moment (D'oh!).

Under "Advanced Options" for the Handheld, there's a setting for "Supported Types".  I added m4p, and now all is right with the world.

I don't see an option "Supported Types".  ?

I see:
- Auto.sync...
- Delete from handheld...
- Get play stats...
- Enable album art...
- Auto-eject...
CONVERSION
- Mode..
- Simultaneous Conversions...
- Encoder...
-> Encoder settins...
DEVICE MANAGEMENT
-> Add device
-> Redetect Devices...

PollyQ

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 02:01:11 am »

It's underneath "Files & Paths", in between "Conversion" & "Device Management", but only when the iPod isn't connected.  Weird, no?

gany

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 02:16:23 am »

It's underneath "Files & Paths", in between "Conversion" & "Device Management", but only when the iPod isn't connected.  Weird, no?

Thanks! Now all works fine! ;D

kcbolton

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 11:25:34 pm »

I'm sorry; I'm dense.  Can't find "supported types" whether handheld is plugged in or not.   In MC, I go to "tools", then "options", then I select "handheld".  With ipod plugged in, I can see subcategories "conversion" and "device management" with no "supported types" in between.  I don't see a "files and paths" either.  Between conversion and device management, I see "mode", "simultaneous conversions", "encoder" and "encoder settings" ONLY.  Now, unplugging, I see the same unless I wait a few and my ipod is not detected, where there is no option except to add or detect a device.  Anyway, please help at your earliest convenience.  My daughter got several ITunes cards, spent the night purchasing music which will not play on her IPOD (working with MC v. 11.1.130).  Thanks in advance!
Pages: [1]   Go Up