INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC truncates file names when copying songs from iPod to computer, why?  (Read 1211 times)

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

This may be an easy one.  I am using MC 11.1.91.  Does anyone know why when I try and copy songs from my iPod (5g 60gb video) to my computer (Win XP SP1), the file name of tracks that have long file names are truncated?  For example, when I try and copy the track with this file name:             

(I Don't Want to Go To) Chelsea [Bassing Street Studios Version].mp3

It truncates the file name to this:

(I Don't Want to Go .mp3

Why is this?  Any one know?  I want to be able to retain the original file name.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Please update your player.  I'm not sure that will solve it, but it's the first thing you could try.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...

bd6675,

I'm using the same model of iPod as you are, and mine has always truncated names.  I never worried about it, since the iPod always knew which song was which, and just assumed it was supposed to be doing that.

I can't really help you with your problem, but I can tell you that you're not the only one it's happening to.

bd6675

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Jim,

It truncates the files in Windows Explorer after I copy  them from my iPod.  It appears as though the tags are fine....it is just the file name so it appears fine when I play them in my media player.   Any other ideas?  Thanks for the quick replies.

BD6675
Pages: [1]   Go Up