INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic naming of playlists...  (Read 806 times)

RandyR

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Automatic naming of playlists...
« on: September 21, 2002, 10:15:37 am »

Is there any way to have playlists automatically named using the artist and album infomation in one of the entries?

I am importing mp3 files that are on my hard drive into the media library.  This works fine.  However, I want to export the albums I import as .m3u playlist files (one for each album) so they are available to play on my Lansonic unit.  I can do this if I save each album as a separate playlist and type each album's name in manually, but am wondering if there is a way to have the playlists automatically created and named from the album sort in the library.

I have about 300 albums to import...HELP!!!!

RandyR

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Automatic naming of playlists...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2002, 03:38:11 am »

Just an update.

I found a .vbx script that will create a .m3u playlist with all the files in a given directory and give it the name of the directory with a .m3u extension.  For example, if all the tracks on a Beatles album are in a directory called "General Rock - Beatles - Greatest Hits" the script creates a files "General Rock - Beatles - Greatest Hits.m3u" containing all the tracks from that album and leaves it in the directory itself.

However, this requires exiting from MJ and running the script on each artist-album directory...and of course, the playlists then need to be imported.

Surely, there must be a way to "autoname" album playlists or "smartlists" based on the criteria used to create them, and export them in batch?

Anybody have any idease?
Pages: [1]   Go Up