INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bugs found in MJ 8  (Read 965 times)

sawtooth12

• Recent member
  • The corporate beast is always hungry for more
bugs found in MJ 8
« on: September 21, 2002, 09:12:01 am »

Yeah, great forum and great software... I'm very happy after selling G4 Powermac to have found a worthy alternative to iTunes on the PC... quite an accolade to give as that app was simply superb. I tried all on the PC platform, I can understand why some want MJ for their iPod's as MMJB really is awful. Tiny little buttons - far too difficult to navigate your way around it at all. Anyway, onto my issues found and suggestions:  ;D

1. The scrollbars on either side of the playlist don't often activate if a track is selected in the main playlist. A few clicks on 'up' or 'down' arrows starts another track. Highly annoying. Sure this has been brought up hundreds of times, if so, sorry!

2. Often when editing an ID3 tag and going ok, the track restarts. oops.

3. Volume control on bottom left of mage-me locks up with my Yamaha SW1000XG soundcard. I removed the card and control slider works perfectly. Probably not a problem with the software at all here.

4. THE BIG ONE: Why if I choose to list all tracks by album title do I not get them listing in order according to the ID3 track number info? I have to do a specific search, then it works.

5. Love to see anti-aliasing on the smaller rounder skins. Why is this a problem on the PC? Panic do Audion, a great MP3 for the mac and all skin support is of top quality and totally slick on screen. Get some of the designers there to create skins for MJ, they are some of the best, IMHO. http://www.panic.com/
--------------------
andrew
fusion.01 design
http://www.fusion01.com/
freelance web design & development

sawtooth12

• Recent member
Re: skin examples
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 09:19:20 am »

If anyone is interested to viewing some superb skins for MP3 players.. then check this link out: http://www.panic.com/audion/faces.php

Panic like to call them 'Faces' to be different. Wouldn't if be great to have mini-me skins like some of these - with full anti-aliasing support too!
--------------------
andrew
fusion.01 design

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: bugs found in MJ 8
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2002, 09:29:12 am »

Yeah, great forum and great software... I'm very happy after selling G4 Powermac to have found a worthy alternative to iTunes on the PC... quite an accolade to give as that app was simply superb. I tried all on the PC platform, I can understand why some want MJ for their iPod's as MMJB really is awful. Tiny little buttons - far too difficult to navigate your way around it at all. Anyway, onto my issues found and suggestions:  ;D

Thanks for the kind words.

1. The scrollbars on either side of the playlist don't often activate if a track is selected in the main playlist. A few clicks on 'up' or 'down' arrows starts another track. Highly annoying. Sure this has been brought up hundreds of times, if so, sorry!

Could be a video driver problem.  Updating the driver might help.

2. Often when editing an ID3 tag and going ok, the track restarts. oops.

The track you're playing has to be re-written.  We start playback again.

3. Volume control on bottom left of mage-me locks up with my Yamaha SW1000XG soundcard. I removed the card and control slider works perfectly. Probably not a problem with the software at all here.

Could be a driver problem.  But try switching playback from direct sound to wave out or vice versa.

4. THE BIG ONE: Why if I choose to list all tracks by album title do I not get them listing in order according to the ID3 track number info? I have to do a specific search, then it works.

This is a big subject and you'll need to explore the Help file and check your tagging and import settings.   ID3 tag settings can be found in plugin manager/input/mp3/configure.  Also check file propertis/tools.

5. Love to see anti-aliasing on the smaller rounder skins. Why is this a problem on the PC? Panic do Audion, a great MP3 for the mac and all skin support is of top quality and totally slick on screen. Get some of the designers there to create skins for MJ, they are some of the best, IMHO. http://www.panic.com/

Skinners are tough to convince.  They seem to hover around winamp.  We'd love to have better skinning.  If you asked it might mean more.

sawtooth12

• Recent member
Re: bugs found in MJ 8
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2002, 01:01:02 am »

Yeah, thanks for reply.

As far as the glitches on the scrollbars, you mention driver updates... I have a Geforce 4 4200 with the latest detonator 40.41 drivers. Can't get new and it's a very high-spec card, so I don't think yor reply is accurate. Got to be something else.

As far as editing an ID3 tag, you say the track has to be rewritten. 'We have to start again'. Have you used iTunes? Have you checked out the different software available? iTunes doesn't so why should MJ? It's not impossible to do at all.

On the reply of good skinners hovering around WinAmp, it's a real shame you didn't check my link. WinAmp skins suck. I downloaded tons for WinAmp ver 3 and could'nt find one I liked. If this is the best for the PC platform then...  :o

.. skins aren't all important anyway so not to worry.The standard mega-me is good enuff for the time being.
--------------------
andrew
fusion.01 design
Pages: [1]   Go Up