INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Good PHP hackers... Plugin idea...  (Read 887 times)

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
Any Good PHP hackers... Plugin idea...
« on: September 21, 2002, 01:26:20 am »

As CD covers are now getting to be more important, I dont know if I am alone but I find the low rez things that CDDB and YADB come up with pretty poor...

I tend to use www.cdcovers.cc as a resource and manually get the high rez covers from that...

Its a php site and i was thinking that a good php coder may be able to parse the site system and make a plug in to pull the high rez cover artwork from it...

Dont know if i am a tribe of one on this but it would be a nice touch to improve the artwork features as we go towards the v9 where images are more prominent...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

nila

Re: Any Good PHP hackers... Plugin idea...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 07:59:20 am »

Keep bumping this one up. I'll be home at my computer on Tuesday and if this is near the top so I see it and remember I'll try work out the code on that page.
I'm sure it'd be pretty easy to pull the images from it as long as they haven't put in any protection to see where the image is being called from.
If they have though there are other similar sites that might not include it.
I cant make the plugin because 1 I dont have the time and 2 dont have the programming skills.
If I work out how to get the image though that shouldn't take too long I'll e-mail it to Matt who could try including it into MJ as the first effort to find an image before resorting to their normal methods.

Hope that might help :)

Marty3d

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2002, 10:08:27 am »

Otherwise, you might consider having a kind of business relation between cdcovers.cc and JRiver. Cdcovers.cc might even be interested, i know I would if I run such a site :)

nila

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2002, 05:26:14 pm »

I'd say it was a perfect idea as it would get them more traffic except for the fact I dont think sites such as that are legal. I remember reading a while back that the RIAA was trying to close them due to the covers being copyrighted material.
That might have been settled though in which case this would seem like a perfect answer, extra traffic and people for them, better cover art facilities for MJ (front, back, inside etc)

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2002, 12:14:11 am »

As thier site is paid for by pop up ads (not that I notice them with a pop up killer installed... sorry guys) I dont think they would be happy with a system that leeched thier artwork without some form of forced ads...

If however I had a click through wizard or similar (this is if there was a deal between JRiver and CDCovers.cc) I would happily click away at 3 or 4 links if I could then import the cover... They get geniune clicks... We get the artwork...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  
Pages: [1]   Go Up