INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonecast  (Read 1595 times)

wombat66

• World Citizen
Tonecast
« on: March 02, 2006, 12:34:48 am »

Try using Tonecast:

http://www.vypress.com/products/tonecast/

It works great for me. It can push uncompressed synchronized audio to any computer on my LAN.

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: synch MC on two different computers
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 01:08:37 am »

Sorry to ressurect this, but I just noticed wombat66's post. I tried Tonecast, but I don't get how to play music from Media Center through it. I can choose "FROM" either "Wave" or "Custom". Custom opens the "Recording Control" dialog where I can pick CD Audio, Line In, Microphone, or SPDIF. None of those produced any audio. I tried Wave, nothing. I even set Media Center's Playback option for Output Mode to Wave. Still nothing. Any clues?

wombat66

• World Citizen
Re: synch MC on two different computers
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 02:04:54 am »

Sorry to ressurect this, but I just noticed wombat66's post. I tried Tonecast, but I don't get how to play music from Media Center through it. I can choose "FROM" either "Wave" or "Custom". Custom opens the "Recording Control" dialog where I can pick CD Audio, Line In, Microphone, or SPDIF. None of those produced any audio. I tried Wave, nothing. I even set Media Center's Playback option for Output Mode to Wave. Still nothing. Any clues?

My MC output is set to Wave Out
For Tonecast, make sure under the Tonecast settings that you are selecting your soundcard.
On the main interface for Tonecast, my "From" setting is set for "Wave Out Mix".
Once you hit the Tonecast "On" button, you should see some wave action in the Tonecast window responding to the audio.

Are you able to get this far?

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Tonecast
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 04:09:22 pm »

Under Tonecast Settings my soundcard is the only one that shows, "Nvidia(R) nForce(TM) Audio". I have two options for "From"... "Wave" and "Custom...". I set it to "Wave". MC is set to Wave Out. When I turn on Tonecast I get 256 kBit/s in the upper right corner and a straight line across. I can connect to it with Tonecast Receiver from a different machine and I get the same display there. I assume the straight line should turn into the sound wave, but for some reason it is not sending any music. Maybe its because I'm using onboard sound?
Pages: [1]   Go Up