INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Registration  (Read 1021 times)

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
License Registration
« on: September 20, 2002, 07:33:52 pm »

I really hate to beat a dead horse here (what a terrible expression) but, after reading some of the licensing posts over the last few months and reading and re-reading the FAQ about licenses, I am still confused as to what exactly the big deal is.

I have used MJ ever since the latter days of Version 5 and I bought Version 7 when it first came out.

I kept my RRG through Version 7 and through the part of Version 8 that used RRG's.

My computer is relatively unstable as it runs Windows 98 and I have had to do an OS re-install once.

When the Registration Code replaced RRG files, I copied and pasted to several places.
This number can be gotten from the E-mail that was sent or copied directly from the "Registration Information" window in MJ Help.

The other day, I burned the latest release of MJ on to a CD along with a .txt file (notepad) with my registration code. I took these items to work with me so I could install MJ there. All went well.
I copied and pasted my Reg. Number from notepad to MJ Restore and got immediate successful results.

I don't know if I used a restore or not but so what if I did? I still have 4 or 5 left and it took almost a half-year to use two and Version 9 is almost out.

Why is this causing such agony? ? ? :-/

Just curious.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License Registration
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 06:18:49 am »

C8,
You're old enough to remember when you could just walk onto an airplane and stewardesses were nice.

Times change.  Piracy is a very big problem and getting bigger by the day.

We have a tight system, but it also allows you to install on other PC's you use.  

You also have a confusing situation since you've been through three license types for two versions.  That should not happen going forward.

Your specific question on restores is addressed in the FAQ.

BTW, restores will be reset to zero for all V8 licenses and the restore limit will be set to 10 per year.  We hope that will alleviate the pain, perceived or real.

Jim

sekim

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2002, 06:46:54 am »

I don't think CVIII was referring to himself. The process isn't so difficult if you actually read what FAQ's and such provide.

I blew two in one day when I was trying reconfig this  rotten machine. But knowing that it was my fault I didn't get on Interact and do the 'OMGTLSS' routine. And then snivel with pleasepleasepleaseplease reset my restores line. If I screwed up that much I shouldn't even attempt to use a computer. I might do something as ignorant as post my credit card number on Interact.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2002, 11:45:02 am »

Right as usual, MachineHead!
My question was actually "What's the big deal?"

JimH,
You're old enough to remember when you could just walk onto an airplane and stewardesses were nice.

What are you trying to say?

Your specific question on restores is addressed in the FAQ.

Actually, it's not (or I'm too dense to understand).
In one place, it says that a restore will be used whenever a Registration Number is used. In another, it says it won't use one in that case.

But, I reiterate. What's the big deal?

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2002, 11:51:19 am »

I know this will come up so I'll go ahead and answer:

You only use a restore when you enter your registration code on the restore page.

And

If you have preserved your Registration Code you can restore your license indefinitely.

Am I just slow?

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2002, 02:33:53 pm »

Q: How many restores do I have left?
A: Go to the restore page and click on the 'e-mail' button to get a list of your registration codes. This e-mail also tells how many restores are available.

Q: Doesn't this cost me a restore? When am I charged a restore?
A: You only use a restore when you enter your registration code on the restore page. Entering your email address does not cost a restore. Using your installation key does not cost a restore.

from
http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/buy_faq_8.html

You're old _and_ slow.  Not as old as I am and not half as slow.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2002, 03:15:40 pm »

What?
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator