INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO in MJ 8.0 ?  (Read 1320 times)

Moonshine

• Recent member
ASIO in MJ 8.0 ?
« on: September 20, 2002, 10:39:24 pm »

Hello,

Is it possible to have ASIO output in MJ 8.0 or is that just a feature coming in MJ 9.0 ?

Also any good suggestions for a resonable sound card/usb device with good ASIO support?  Any that handle mulitchannel digital output also? (DD, DTS, etc..)

Thanks!!

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
Re: ASIO in MJ 8.0 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2002, 12:49:50 am »

M-Audio are very well respected cards and with the Digital Connection HT drivers (www.digitalconnection.com) also a good seller are my 'basic high end' card if you can handle the oxymoron...

24/96 if you only want digital out... The 410 if you want analogue as well (worth it for upgradeablity etc... Does your reciver have DPLII ??)...

There are of course higher end rack mounts and all kinds of other stuff but at 15 - 170 these are the right price performance...  
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2002, 06:34:00 am »

I suggest a search for ASIO here.  Version 9 is the answer.

Moonshine

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2002, 08:05:10 am »

Thanks guys..

I've tried MJ9 need something, but need something a little more stable at least until I get my collection ripped to .ape.  ::)  Looks like it's going to be great though.  The album art views are a very welcome addition.

It looks like their used to be a beta plugin for MJ8 for ASIO that has been carried into MJ9.  Is that available any longer? Or am I better off just waiting for MJ9 to mature a bit?

PhatPhreddy:  I'm looking to build a couple small PC systems to feed two different audio systems.  One is  a high end theater, (lexicon, aragon, etc) the other is bedroom setup that does have DPL II.  Ideally I'd like to take my DTS audio CD's, rip them to apes and output them with ASIO.  Do you know if that currently is possible with either of the M-Audio cards?

Thanks!

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2002, 10:33:55 am »

Until there is a way to shift the ASIO output channels in MJ, you will not be able to play DTS rips from MJ. (You can use the M-Audio control panel to remap the outputs, but that also resamples the bitstream, which munges up DTS output).

However, the above problem hasn't stopped me from ripping my DTS CDs...I'm just limited to playing back from WinAmp. :-( Ah, well, it's only 2 discs so far, and MJ9 is moving along nicely. I guess I can wait! :-)

I am still using the alpha plugin for MJ8 for ASIO playback with my Delta Dio 24/96. It sounds much better than the standard playback on my Win2k machine!

Best,
Brad

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2002, 12:10:00 pm »

Matt from JRiver had published a beta (test only - not supported) ASIO Output plugin for Media Jukebox 8 a while ago. Searching on this forum on ASIO should allow you to find the relevant post.

I have been using this plugin with MJ 8 for over a month and have been very happy with it so far.

As per to a soundcard with ASIO support; I use Lynx L22 and am very happy with it's analog out quality. If you plan to use digital out; this card is not worth it's price ($700) though.

Osho

Pages: [1]   Go Up