INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuner card setup problem: Can't select country- drop down list is empty.  (Read 3045 times)

plastic

• Recent member

Hi guys,
Just installed a DVICO Fusionhdtv DVB-T Dual Digital.
Runs fine under the (pretty crappy) Fusion hdtv app.

Trying to set it up, J River finds both tuners ok, lets me select DVB-T, but when it comes to the screen
'Select a country and TV Tuner input type' I can switch between cable and antenna, but when I click the dropdown arrow for country, there's nothing there.
Have to kill J River in Task Manager.

Win XP SP2
Build 11.1.148

I just know this is something simple in XP or something, but I can't find it on these forums anywhere!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

when it comes to the screen
'Select a country and TV Tuner input type' I can switch between cable and antenna, but when I click the dropdown arrow for country, there's nothing there.
Have to kill J River in Task Manager.

The analog TV tuner driver failed to tell the program what formats it supports.

Have you successfully used Fusion program to tune to an analog channel?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

plastic

• Recent member

Thaks Yaobing.

The card doesn't have an analogue tuner, just dual digital tuners.

http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Products/DualDigital.aspx

It does have analogue input via S Vieo for video recording, but J River didn't seem to mistake that for a tuner (EDIT: maybe it did, see my next post)...only the two digital tuners showed up in the list.

Yaobing

• Administrator

Analog devices and digital devices show up in two different lists. I am supprised that you even got that far. When you see the "Select a country and TV Tuner input type" dialog, a lot of analog device initialization has been done successfully. Are you sure it does not also receive analog channels? Other (single tuner) Dvico digital devices have both analog and digital portions in them.

plastic

• Recent member

It definitely doesn't have analogue TV as well. I think what may be happening is J River is looking at the analogue video capture device?

For an experiment to see what happened, I disabled driver

FusionHDTV 88x, WDM Video Capture (PAL)

in device manager. This also disabled a couple of other FusionHDTV devices. I think it basically disabled the PCI bus tuner, leaving the USB tuner.

Then in J River I could get through to the TV setup menu via drives and devices in the tree.
I could select DVB-T.
No analogue tuners showed up, nor did the first digital tuner (PCI) only the USB one.
But not surprisingly, it wouldn't find any channels on scanning, and when I manually entered one, it wouldn't play.

Yaobing

• Administrator

FusionHDTV 88x, WDM Video Capture (PAL)

This must be the device that MC tries to initialize. But it definitely found the TV tuner interface from this device. But that interface tells the program that it does not support any analog video standard.

Anyway, In build 11.1.149, TV will not get stuck at "Select a country and TV tuner input type" dialog. Please try this build.

plastic

• Recent member

Thanks Yaobing, you're a champ!! ;D ;D

plastic

• Recent member

OK, made it through that dialog box OK. BUT...

Can't seem to find any digital channels when scanning.
Things that do work are:
Lists both digital tuners, lists analogue 'tuner' = video inputs and displays these as channels.

Any ideas??

Yaobing

• Administrator

If you are not using the latest (11.1.153) please do it. Then send me a log file. My email address is yaobing at jriver dot com
Pages: [1]   Go Up