INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Treo 650 and MC11  (Read 2549 times)

canaro99

• World Citizen
Treo 650 and MC11
« on: May 06, 2005, 02:33:53 pm »

I'm considering a "smartphone" (seems like an oxymoron to me) purchase. I'm with Sprint and I'm thinking about the Treo 650. It comes with Real Player.

Question: Is it possible to use MC11 with this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

John
Thank you,

John

brentb

Re: Treo 650 and MC11
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 04:04:57 am »

Don't know about transferring songs from MC11, but you've got to check out Pocket Tunes Deluxe if you plan on using your smartphone as an MP3 player. http://www.pocket-tunes.com/ Its a million times better than Real Player on a Palm, and it will play more formats. Get the High Fidelity Skin as well.

good luck
Brent

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 02:28:43 pm »

Thanks Brent. I'll take a look.

I was hoping to find out if MC would actually work on the phone in place of RP. If not, it might be an area for JR to explore (they probably have).

Do you, or anyone have any other "smartphone" suggestions?

Thanks,
John
Thank you,

John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 02:35:11 pm »

I'm sorry to say that MC won't run on any PDA at this time.

Sam

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 11:31:47 am »

I just got a Treo 650, and I installed Pocket Tunes.  It looks like it integrates with Windows Media Player...  You use WMP to transfer songs to the Treo device.

I understand that developing a version of MC for the Palm platform might not be in the cards, but it'd be nice to be able to use MC to sync songs on the device without having to use WMP...

kevinlmuise

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 02:45:26 pm »

I have had the Treo for a few months. Your songs are on an SD card. So it is easy to use MC just send the files or folders to the card. Real player will only recognized MP3 so you convert and copy. Also it has an unusual plug so you have to get an adaptor plug to use your headset. About $10 on the Palm site. I got one for half that on Ebay.

scttgrd

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 07:53:20 pm »

Check out mytreo.net, get the core media player(TCPMP) plays audio and most video files. Also get filepc2pda and you can transfer any file to or from your treo. Also get headcold it will allow you to listen to music through your standard headset, or like I do watch my tv episodes. 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up