INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.152  (Read 4454 times)

Gene

• Recent member
  • Mountains Speak to Me
Media Center 11.1.152
« on: March 22, 2006, 08:47:59 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111152.exe

11.1.152 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Audio analysis of certain files could cause a hang at the end of the file.
2. Changed: Improved handling of long multi-line thumbnail captions in library grouping views.
3. Fixed: In rare cases, library grouping views could crash.
4. Fixed: In "Panes" view, the Options drop menu was empty.
5. Changed: Launching the program while Media Server is running wouldn't properly honor the startup view settings.
6. Fixed: Deleting a playlist while PerbCasting it could cause a crash.
7. Fixed: PerbCasts had an incomplete/inconsistent Mime-type/Extension/Media-type table.

11.1.151 (3/22/2006)

1. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+Left, Ctrl+Right, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.
2. Fixed: Numbers with labels (i.e. 4 minutes remaining) would not show properly in some places.
3. Changed: Made each page of a library view have its own settings for thumbnail size, sorting, etc.
4. Changed: Further revisions to how showing files below library groupings works.
5. Changed: Optional deletion of files not in a sync for a handheld will only delete "supported" file types.
6. Changed: Double-clicking on a grouping tile in a library view goes into the next level. (use the "Play" link or right-click to play)
7. Changed: For translation, phrases ending with a colon no longer require the colon to be translated. (so URL and URL: aren't two entries in the language file)

11.1.150 (3/19/2006)

1. NEW: Added read and write support for the disc number field on the iPod.
2. Fixed: An interface plugin that failed to load could cause an endless loop of error dialogs when trying to uninstall it.
3. New: Dvico FusionHDTV 5 USB and other bda digital TV devices can record TV show to disk. Windows XP SP1 required! This is still work in progress.
4. Changed: When switching from an analog TV channel to a digital TV channel, the analog device is freed before the digital device is initialized, and vice versa. This may solve some of the stability problems recently reported.
5. Fixed: Starting playback of ASF audio streams could lock up the MC GUI for several seconds.
6. Changed: The Podcast web browser now remembers its place (for 10 minutes) when you navigate to another window and then return.
7. NEW: Perbcast RSS feed files are now usable as one-click *.pcast subscriptions.
8. Changed: Mime type audio/ape and audio/x-ape now identify APE format files.
9. NEW: Added the ability to easily select thumbnail size and spacing from the "Top" and "Bottom" menus at the top of a library view.
10. Changed: Revised how the "files at bottom" system works for library views.
11. Fixed: Some shortcuts (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+Z, etc.) no longer get translated globally while IE or a C# interface plugin has the focus.
12. Changed: Dragging a splitter locked to a side now unlocks it.
13. Changed: At the beginning of an import from an external Explorer using the shell extensions, Media Center will bring itself to the foreground.

11.1.149 (3/18/2006)

1. Fixed: Going back a level in a library view wouldn't properly restore the scroll and selection.
2. Changed: Dvd is now capitalized in the right-click display menu.
3. Changed: Showing library view groupings as stacks is now optional. (Options drop menu at the top right of the view)
4. Changed: "Saving tag changes" and "Done saving tag changes" status bar text can now be translated.
5. Fixed: Using DirectSound output, the last portion of the last song in a playlist could loop a little before stopping.
6. Changed: The selection color of a library tile wouldn't change when the list got or lost the focus.
7. Fixed: Thumbnail / tile lists wouldn't behave nicely when very large spacing values were used. (redraw issues, etc.)
8. Fixed: Thumbnail lists with only one column would not render properly.
9. Fixed: The player area could draw without a menu, search box, or media buttons in some cases. (hopefully fixed -- couldn't easily reproduce)
10. Changed: TV will no longer get stuck at "Select a country and TV tuner input type" dialog when the driver returns an empty list of supported video standards.
11. Changed: Library Manager will allow changing location for remote libraries.
12. Changed: Podcast Tag dialog is now more consistent in its use of the <DEFAULT> keyword.
13. Fixed: Perbcast server omitted the "xmlns" keyword.  This made Perbcast XML "poorly formed".

11.1.148 (3/17/2006)

1. Fixed: MC plays ASX streams served up with an asp extension.
2. Optimized: Reworked drop-shadow engine to work much faster with images with no transparency. (like thumbnails)
3. Optimized: Several group-style thumbnail list optimizations. (should be 2x-3x faster than previous builds)
4. Changed: Added configuration menu items to the right-click menu for playback displays. (DVD, Video, TV, Images, etc.)
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler "Next scheduled task" time could be wrong when multiple periodic tasks exist.
6. New: Added a dialog (under Podcast Options) to configure Podcast Tag and File renaming for all feeds.
7. New: Added another dialog (under Feed Properties) to configure Podcast Tag and File renaming overrides for that feed.
8. Fixed: CD labeler wasn't always obeying the state of the "include artist in track list" option.
9. Changed: Merged thumbnail and grouping-style list modes so that text, spacing, sizing, etc. is fully customizable for grouping thumbnails.
10. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)

JONCAT

Re: Media Center 11.1.152
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 09:53:52 pm »

1. Mouse-over on Tiles results in pulsing/flashing Tiles while cycling through them.

2. Love the new customizations (double-click into Tiles is awesome!) but the "Always show files at bottom" is now buried in the drop down menu and the tabs don't minmize the file window at bottom (the view needs to be refreshed after unchecking this option for the list to disappear), nor do the tabs appear at bottom by default; we can no longer max & min the file list at will w/ tabs? *fixed

3. I have some FLAC files networked to the laptop that are not being imported into the library; they are in sub-folders. More on this tomorrow.

3.5. With all the customizations lately, anychance of user being able to define the text size of Tiles seperately from other fonts? e.g. Seperate sizes for  Display, Tag Field, & Tile fonts? Maybe even choice of different fonts for each?

.52 ! Just keeps gettin' better  :o....I love the controls on the File list at bottom; makes opening & closing it very intuitive and fast.

Dr. C

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 10:26:09 pm »

right clicking the notification icon is broken
Tamer

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 10:29:55 pm »

right clicking the notification icon is broken

The tray icon seems to work alright for me.  Maybe try a reboot.  If you still see it, please start a new thread with more details.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 11:31:31 pm »

4. Fixed: In "Panes" view, the Options drop menu was empty.

Thanks for fixing this, thought it was strange that there was no options for panes.

TC

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 02:25:15 am »

Tiles scroll cover art at the speed of light  :-X

Bottom album thumbnails sorting isnt working. I set it to sort by "date" but instead it seems to be sorting by the order of the tiles (so it sorts by genre when in the genre library grouping, mood when in mood etc.)

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 02:32:03 am »

I think I have found a small bug. In the Rename Files From Properties screen my base folder is set to an expression of

[Artist]\[Album (Calculated)]

[Album (Calculated)] is a calculated field that combines the standard [Album] field with a user field I have created to hold some extra information. This works fine when there is an Album name but when there isn't it creates a folder called "Unknown Album (Calculated)" when obviously it should just be "Unknown Album".

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 02:50:59 am »

5. Changed: Launching the program while Media Server is running wouldn't properly honor the startup view settings.

Thanks for this.  I'll post to the other thread to say that this is now fixed.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 02:52:20 am »

Unless I'm misunderstanding this setting, I believe this is a bug:

On the "CD" Options page in the "Media Insert" category, the "Audio CD Action" offers no options -- it's just a check box.  The "DVD Action," on the other hand, allows you to choose "Nothing," "Play," or "Ask every time."  This doesn't make sense to me.  Shouldn't the CD Action offer the same options as the DVD Action?

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 03:08:01 am »

The following Audible issues are still happening:

When browsing the Audible site from within MC:

1) Logging off causes Opening/Done loop. (Does not happen when using IExplorer.)

2) Cart and "Next Listen" lists on the site do not update until MC is closed and re-opened. (Does not happen when using IExplorer.)

When moving Audible files with "Rename files" tool while iPod is connected:

3) Audible files are considered "missing" from sync until iPod is ejected/reconnected or MC is fully closed/re-launched.

When playing Audible files:

4) Letting a track "end," at which point the next track starts playing, prevents the first track from being played again until the position slider is manually moved.

5) When returning to a bookmarked position, the time counter will sometimes start counting from "0:00" even though we're not at the beginning of the track (i.e. the time listed does not match the position.)  Moving the slider makes the time "match" the position once again.

For more details, please see these posts:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32812.msg224763#msg224763
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32812.msg224761#msg224761

Thanks,

Larry

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 03:09:26 am »

Unless I'm misunderstanding this setting, I believe this is a bug:

On the "CD" Options page in the "Media Insert" category, the "Audio CD Action" offers no options -- it's just a check box.  The "DVD Action," on the other hand, allows you to choose "Nothing," "Play," or "Ask every time."  This doesn't make sense to me.  Shouldn't the CD Action offer the same options as the DVD Action?

Yes, I don´t understand this...
Go to linux

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 05:43:28 am »

I don't understand this also... please change this  ;D

Yes, I don´t understand this...
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 08:36:13 am »

I think I have found a small bug. In the Rename Files From Properties screen my base folder is set to an expression of

[Artist]\[Album (Calculated)]

[Album (Calculated)] is a calculated field that combines the standard [Album] field with a user field I have created to hold some extra information. This works fine when there is an Album name but when there isn't it creates a folder called "Unknown Album (Calculated)" when obviously it should just be "Unknown Album".

If the value is empty, it'll use "Unknown " + field name.

In this case, the field is named "Album (Calculated)".

Try:

If(IsEqual([Album (Calculated)], Unknown Album /(Calculated/)), Unknown Album, [Album (Calculated)])
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LonWar

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 09:53:02 am »

If I want to change the thumbnail size globally, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.
-

pahunt

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 09:58:54 am »

If the value is empty, it'll use "Unknown " + field name.

In this case, the field is named "Album (Calculated)".

Try:

If(IsEqual([Album (Calculated)], Unknown Album /(Calculated/)), Unknown Album, [Album (Calculated)])

Thanks for that it makes a bit more sense now!

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 10:12:33 am »

If I want to change the thumbnail size globally, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

Funny, i am trying find a way from stopping it to happen, every time i go to set different thumbnails sizes for the different library views, ie, panes, artists, albums, etc they all change to the same size even though i am hitting save for this location only.

In addition the details and album thumbnails aren't being set individually either.

On the plus side different column headers and sort methods are working for the different types of views, very nice indeed.

I am running the latest version as always  :)

TC

pepe lopex

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2006, 12:04:40 pm »

strange behavior Panes droplist

This I have detected it from MC v.11.1.151

This happens when MC in anyone of these languages begin: Español (ES) (download to test), Dutch, French, German and others.

In the translations, the word "Panes" (translated like 'Navegación', ' Kolommen' and 'Spalten') is replaced by "Files" ('Archivos', 'Bestanden' & 'Dateien').

The correct word that would have to appear is the one that corresponds to the first item selected of the list.

Note that this does not happen thus, from MC v.11.1.151.

I have reviewed the translation files and I do not understand what is what happens.
MC Spanish personal translation: MC en español: Español (ES) --> http://soporte.proel.net/ftp/jrmediacenter/MClangES.zip

Pink Waters

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2006, 12:09:47 pm »

when i was trying to paste coverarts for movie files, I noticed that it saves them to the cover art directory in a form like that : - 14_10_2005 .. and that made some overwrite eachothers
Tamer

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2006, 12:13:20 pm »

Here's one I just noticed.

I have the Google Desktop Sidebar running, with it set to not hide and always on top. My taskbar is set the same way.

When I maximize MC, it fills in the space where it should. If I then lock my workstation (Ctrl-Alt-Del -> Lock Workstation), then unlock it, MC is now taking up the entire screen, but stuck behind the taskbar and sidebar. I realized I was still running .150 here at work, so I updated to .152.

It still does this, but now it's on top of the taskbar and sidebar.

Pink Waters

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 12:16:07 pm »

another thing which i noticed:
 I have 2 movie parts for 1 film, with the same cover art, and have the main film name under the field "Comment" , when i browsed it in the library browser with thumbnails it showed me 2 stacks !!
Tamer

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 12:24:43 pm »

I have found the Bug...  if I the translation for Files deactivate stands again the correct understood there.

Why does the translation files = dateien replace the translation panes = spalten ?
please fix this...  :(

###################### 
Source Code > MCFlavorCore
######################

Files
Dateien

strange behavior Panes droplist

This I have detected it from MC v.11.1.151

This happens when MC in anyone of these languages begin: Español (ES) (download to test), Dutch, French, German and others.

In the translations, the word "Panes" (translated like 'Navegación', ' Kolommen' and 'Spalten') is replaced by "Files" ('Archivos', 'Bestanden' & 'Dateien').

The correct word that would have to appear is the one that corresponds to the first item selected of the list.

Note that this does not happen thus, from MC v.11.1.151.

I have reviewed the translation files and I do not understand what is what happens.

Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 01:04:15 pm »

Yea I think what is happening, is that JRiver is now a seperating out each view page for settings application, which is good, but doesn't allow for gloabal settings.

I think a solution to this problem is that whatever specific changes were made in the customize current view, and then when ask to apply those changes to similar locations, MC only applies the changes you just made and not the other speciifc view settings to the similar locations.

I think that would work.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 03:07:50 pm »

Yea I think what is happening, is that JRiver is now a seperating out each view page for settings application, which is good, but doesn't allow for gloabal settings.

I think a solution to this problem is that whatever specific changes were made in the customize current view, and then when ask to apply those changes to similar locations, MC only applies the changes you just made and not the other speciifc view settings to the similar locations.

I think that would work.

Those options are there , they just don't seem to be working correctly
Pages: [1]   Go Up