INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speed" change on podcasts ->mp3player  (Read 625 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Speed" change on podcasts ->mp3player
« on: March 26, 2006, 05:01:26 am »

I've got a Creative Zen Micro 6 Gb, which is about 5/6 full of files having been added by using Media Centers sync function. The strange thing is, that among these files, there are 6 podcast files of which 4 have somehow got an altered sound quality. Back in the analogue days, it could have been described as a cassette or record player running too slow. What was supposed to sound like a woman's voice, ends up sounding like a bass searching for the right words while speaking. I was advised to check the sample rate, and perhaps change it to 44,1 khz. I managed to do so by using the Media Tool, but then the files refuse to be saved in anything but .wav format. Have I got something wrong here?

rgds,
ole k

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Re: Speed" change on podcasts ->mp3player
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 05:46:31 am »

Additional info: it may seem like the files with the blurred sound had a sample rate of 11025 hz, while the audible ones had 22050. So I guess there are two questions:
1) What should I do to restore the quality of the 11025 hz files?
2) Why is it that MC has started to receive podcasts with a lower sample rate (as this goes only for the last ones, from the same station)?
Pages: [1]   Go Up