INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exclusions in "Audio" without affecting the children ?  (Read 769 times)

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
  • So many worlds, so much to do, so little done...
Exclusions in "Audio" without affecting the children ?
« on: March 26, 2006, 08:19:12 am »

I've got the "Audio" branch of the main tree set as my default, since I use MC mostly for listening to music.  It's currently set to show things in descending order, from time imported.  Basically, everything you see is the newest stuff.  However, I've also got about six or seven podcasts coming in on a daily basis, so they always get included in the list as well.  It's quite easy to exclude Genre: Podcast, but it also seems to exclude Podcasts from all of the other view schemes on the tree as well.  Is there a way to stop this ?

I'd like to use a specific view scheme for Audio, but not be confined by it's limitations on the sub-view schemes.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Exclusions in "Audio" without affecting the children ?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 10:15:06 am »

Lisa,

Thanks for the help.  I tried it, but it doesn't seem to work.  I set the child to show just Podcasts, unchecked the "honor parent" option and it still came up blank.  I'll play with it and see if I can get it going.

c1c9k72

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Exclusions in "Audio" without affecting the children ?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 10:47:36 am »

Lisa,

It's something to do with Podcasts, or the way I set it up, and not a general thing.  As suggested, I had the parent show all but Rating=5 songs, then set a child showing only Rating=5 songs.  With the "honor parent" unchecked, it showed all the Rating=5 songs without any trouble.

Edit: I deleted the old view scheme, created a new one and it's working perfectly now.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up