INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to make some topics sticky-Pronto.  (Read 868 times)

sekim

Need to make some topics sticky-Pronto.
« on: September 19, 2002, 04:16:02 pm »

Threads that are related to the latest release need to be sticky. Trying to dig thru pages of topics can be a chore. I think it would be much more useful also for anyone looking to post a problem or report a bug as well.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Need to make some topics sticky-Pronto.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 04:20:52 pm »

Sticky's are used for "read me before you read anything else"  types of messages.

Instead of digging through pages, use the search capability. It defaults to searching the most recent 7 days of info (though you can search the entire database too).

Does this fit what you want?

j

sekim

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 04:26:52 pm »

Not really. Maybe a seperate forum (?) ,like v9 has, would do the trick when it comes to v8. This seems much to generalized for that kind of thing.

Would it be difficult?

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 05:04:41 pm »

I would have to agree on the sticky's. Other message boards I visit use them quite often...not necessarily considered read me first..more like, don't miss this thread. I would say Announcements (if this board has it), would be read me first.

It would also be easier to see what the latest build is available than to search for it.

I'm not really familiar with this type of board so I don't know what it would look like sticked.

phelt

Re: Need to make some topics sticky-Pronto
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 05:26:48 pm »

Replicating the FAQ as a forum and posting a sticky link to it might be good.

In my experience, sticky topics are used to for announcements and to stave off the 2000th "what settings do I use for X?" thread.

With regard to the latest version, it would be nice for it to be sticky, but might be a minor management pain given the number of builds that get released. It would be more friendly, though.

sekim

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2002, 05:41:05 pm »

That's why I think it deserves its own forum.

nila

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2002, 04:19:40 am »

I def. think the latest build should always be sticky just so that all bugs are put straight into that message without ending up wildly all over the place. it'll make it more obvious to people coming to the site for the first time to see as well which means they might download it and try the latest build before adding a bug that it might have already fixed.

sekim

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2002, 02:34:08 pm »

Thanks Guys. This should make things easier for anyone in search of...  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up