INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail size settings  (Read 2359 times)

geekbeats2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Thumbnail size settings
« on: October 27, 2005, 04:22:10 pm »

ok i know that you can set the size of how big you want your album thumbnails to appear but there still seems to be a problem.

it seems that when media center "creates/imports" its own versions of my "folder.jpg" (300 x 300) cover art images i have within each album folder, they are resized to a smaller size and the quality is dramatically decreased.

so when i set the thumbnail size to 300 x 300 (the size they actually were) they appear pixelated and just plain ugly.

my question is... is it possible to allow media center to create/import the cover art (FOLDER.JPG) images in their original size without messing with their size or quality??
toe 6 pillow knight Jr l night toothpick kill igloo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Thumbnail size settings
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 04:32:28 pm »

In tools/options/tree and view, try erasing your thumbnails and re-building.  It may work. 

If you have a lot, maybe create a test library with file/library/library manager.  Create it in a new location and import a few files.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 06:23:44 am »

ok i know that you can set the size of how big you want your album thumbnails to appear but there still seems to be a problem.

it seems that when media center "creates/imports" its own versions of my "folder.jpg" (300 x 300) cover art images i have within each album folder, they are resized to a smaller size and the quality is dramatically decreased.

so when i set the thumbnail size to 300 x 300 (the size they actually were) they appear pixelated and just plain ugly.

my question is... is it possible to allow media center to create/import the cover art (FOLDER.JPG) images in their original size without messing with their size or quality??

The current thumbnail system makes 250x250 sized highly compressed copies of the original images. There is no sense in using a bigger size in the view settings.

The contents of the original image file can be seen in the Action Window display (AW/File Properties/Image) and naturally in the main MC display when the image is played.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 11:49:17 pm »

The current thumbnail system makes 250x250 sized highly compressed copies of the original images. There is no sense in using a bigger size in the view settings.

Yes they are very highly compressed. When I move the thumbnail size slider to the higher settings (256x280 at the largest) the images are very poor.  Most of my images are at least 300x300 or even 500x500 which is great for the Action Window. But for me, I want to see decent images while browsing the library and the poor quality thumbnails makes larger settings unusable for me.

Perhaps an option to change the default thumbnail quality/resolution could be added?

wombat66

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 05:51:09 pm »

Wow! That was fast!

11.1.156 (3/28/2006)
7. Changed: Media Center builds higher quality thumbnails. (use Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase all thumbnails... to force MC to rebuild)

Thanks!

geekbeats2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 10:14:55 pm »

wow havent tried it yet, but this sounds great! one of the things i was hoping for a very long time!! :) thank you J River team .

PS now all i need is the ability to browse Artist Images (Folder.jpg) :

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32249.0

and perfection will be achieved!!!! :)
toe 6 pillow knight Jr l night toothpick kill igloo
Pages: [1]   Go Up