INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attention needed on dates  (Read 902 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Attention needed on dates
« on: March 28, 2006, 04:52:00 pm »

I created a view scheme for movies based on [Date Imported], for use within Theater View, since I usually want to watch recently imported movies and in order to quickly access those, I used this view. It takes a few clicks to drill down to year > month ...and some scrolling, but it's ok.

Now I tried to make it sort by latest imported / year-month, but it doesn't work at all:
1. In Edit view..., the only field I have is a custom one, all other settings untouched:
FormatDate([Date Imported,0],yyyy-MM)

2. In Customize Current View..., I show the standard fields + [Date imported]. Here, if I try to set sorting by Z-A: Date imported, and nothing else, the result is nothing! MC sorts by some default by Name ASC.

If I try to make a sort in the search field within Edit View..., MC sorts by Name ASC, Date Imported DESC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Attention needed on dates
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:57:49 pm »

Theater View and the panes will always sort a-z.  This is not currently configurable.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Marty3d

Re: Attention needed on dates
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:16:47 am »

Thanks for your reply Matt. But you know, the file list beneath the panes...it doesn't neither. Either of the sorting methods I try results in sorting by (Name ASC) or (Name ASC, Date Imported DESC), not (Date Imported DESC).

Pages: [1]   Go Up