INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing with Zen Vision M uses wrong folders  (Read 2589 times)

phatmann

Syncing with Zen Vision M uses wrong folders
« on: March 11, 2006, 08:45:59 am »

I recently got a Zen Vision M. I am using the latest version of MC 11. MC 11 sees the device just fine and syncs with it. The problem is that when I look at the ZVM files, there are 2 Music folders, 2 Video folders, etc. What seems to be happening is that MC 11 is creating a second copy of each folder, instead of using the ones that are already in the ZVM.

For music, browsing on the ZVM still works anyway, but this definitely makes me wonder if MC 11 is doing things "right".

For video there is more of a problem, because even the formats that are natively supported by the ZVM are not showing up. I don't know if this is because MC 11 used the wrong video folder or not, but it's a problem no matter what the root cause.

I really don't like the Creative software at all, and I'm really hoping to get MC 11 working perfectly with the ZVM. Any help is appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Syncing with Zen Vision M uses wrong folders
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 08:58:46 am »

Is it a problem with case?  Video, video, VIDEO?

phatmann

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 09:12:37 am »

I know this seems impossible, but the folders have the exact same name: Music, Video, etc. I looked to see if one of them had a leading or trailing space, but they don't.

Also, I just noticed that in the Music folder, there are many, many duplicates for each artist. For example, if an artist has 10 albums, there might be a four or five folders with the same name for that artist.

All very strange.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 09:20:14 am »

What does it look like if you view the device from Windows Explorer (if you can)?

phatmann

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 09:22:41 am »

I am using Windows Explorer to view the folders. This is how I saw they had the same names.

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 10:07:21 am »

If you go into Options of the player, then go to the Handheld control and look at Advanced Options, what does it say under the Files and Paths?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 01:15:23 pm »

I am using Windows Explorer to view the folders. This is how I saw they had the same names.
I think they must be different.  Windows Explorer wouldn't allow you to make two folders with identical names.  Maybe something like a space in one?

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 08:03:02 am »

The Zen Vision M is not a UMS machine but rather MTP, so it could have ramifications. In either case you should upgrade to the latest firmware if you haven't done so, and get back to us on what MC11 has detected as far as the folders that the Zen thinks media should be filed under.

SwellGuy

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 04:12:18 pm »

We see this too.. we're looking into it.

Thanks for reporting it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 02:12:55 pm »

We can't reproduce this anymore with the latest build.  I formatted the Zen and then did several uploads.  Files ended up in the correct locations.

Could you try the latest build of MC 11.1 and possibly a format?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

oliverward

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 01:48:37 am »

i myself am also having issues with the duplicate artist folders. i believe for one artist, which has 5 albums i have like 12-13 duplicate folders all containing something different. they show up ok when browsing on the player itself but curiously annoying nonetheless. i momentarily also had a second music folder show up on my ZVM via Media Explorer, but permanently have a second playlist folder.

SwellGuy

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 10:49:20 am »

Have you upgraded to the latest Vision:M firmware?

The latest version is 1.30.02.

fwhoch

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 09:33:28 pm »

With the new firmware, i belive its 1.41 (I dont have my vision:m infront in order to check) this problem appears to be solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up