INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.157  (Read 6306 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.157
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:37:34 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111157.exe

11.1.157 (3/29/2006)

1. Changed: The "All" item doesn't appear in the tree for items with only one child.
2. Fixed: Podcast web page did not update title bar and buttons properly in split-window mode.
3. Fixed: Podcast forward/back arrows did not display properly.
4. Fixed: Grouping thumbnail style lists could redraw items twice instead of once on scroll -- causing a slowdown.
5. Fixed: Slider handles could appear squished with some skins.
6. Optimized: Several grouping thumbnail list speed-ups.
7. Fixed: The bottom 1/3 of the alphabet in library views was not clickable.
8. Changed: Graph building is more efficent when switching from recording/time-shifting to regular viewing in digital TV.
9. Fixed: Some MP3 Layer 2.5 mono files would not play properly.
10. Fixed: PerbCast Server will not check for status message unless a list is actually being shared.
11. Fixed: The Directory checking on a PerbCast server will not fill up the status window with messages.
12. Fixed: Burning PDL protected WMA files was failing because of license acquisition errors in the burn engine.

11.1.156 (3/28/2006)

1. Optimized: Improved performance of image playback and reduced memory usage.
2. Changed: "Disc #" is mapped to the ID3v2 field "TPOS", or "Part of a set" frame.
3. Changed: Revised the no tile image used in library views.
4. Fixed: "Album Thumbnails" erroneously showed up under grouped library views.
5. Changed: Right-click display menu configuration items no longer apply English capitalization rules to be more translation friendly.
6. Fixed: Playback of images with transparency did not properly handle zooming in and out.
7. Changed: Media Center builds higher quality thumbnails. (use Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase all thumbnails... to force MC to rebuild)
8. Changed: Added an optional server name to the TiVo Server.
9. Fixed: Unable to play Audible file after previous playing to end of file.
10. Chagned: Text size is no longer part of the thumbnail size setting. (but is instead added to the height automatically depending on how many lines of text are showing)
11. Changed: The incomplete shutdown dialog is no longer shown when a debugger is bound to the Media Center process.
12. Chagned: Added a "Don't show again" checkbox to the incomplete shutdown dialog.
13. Changed: Added auto-re-sharing if the PerbCaster Directory restarts.
14. NEW: When in thumbnail modes, a thumbnail size slider appears in the view header.
15. Optimized: Changing thumbnail sizes is much faster.

11.1.155 (3/27/2006)

1. Changed: Improved how view headers look when skin effects are applied. (i.e. negative, old fashinoned, etc.)
2. Fixed: When showing a file list below tiles, it could appear not scrolled to the top.
3. Changed: When searching in a library view, all files for the view scheme are searched. (instead of combining panes / grouping filters with the search)
4. Changed: In Library views, the optional alphabet will only appear when there are 10 or more items in the list.
5. Changed: Auto-import on playback in options no longer applies to remote files. (http://, etc.)
6. Changed: Using the tree to navigate the library would reset that view scheme back to "Panes" on the next visit.
7.  New: MC creates thumbnails for Quicktime video (e.g. .MOV) (Requires Quicktime installation).
8. Fixed: The UPnP Server is smarter about ports, working better with clients unable to cope with port changes.
9. Fixed: The UPnP Server would not handle byte ranges longer than the file.
10. Fixed: The UPnP Server was providing the wrong content length header for byte ranges.
11. Fixed: MC crashed in split view when you opened two Podcast browsers.
12. Fixed: Podcast browsers headers were sometimes inconsistent with the Favorites list.
13. Fixed: Podcast browser one-click subscriptions downloaded one episode by default. (Zero is correct)
14. Fixed: Podcast browser one-click subscriptions were sometimes lost after shutdown/restart.
15. Fixed: Perbcasts and Podcasts did not properly recognize the *.mov extension.

11.1.154 (3/26/2006)

1. Fixed: The "Options" drop menu in Panes view was empty.
2. Changed: Removed the "Save View" option in Customize Current View. (too ambiguous and not too useful with newer library view system)
3. Changed: When switching library views to Genres, Artists, etc., the list will get the keyboard focus so Ctrl+A, left, right, etc. work without a click.
4. Changed: The optional alphabet above library views is now translatable.
5. Changed: Removed option to show bi-directional links under library tiles. (creates confusing link circles)
6. Changed: View header windows grey-out when they aren't the current view in a split view configuration.
7. Fixed: The UPnP Server omitted the content type header in the device description.
8. Changed: Further revision to how showing files at the bottom of a library view works. (pick "Always Show Files" in bottom file list Options menu to keep the list visible)
9. Changed: Updated the German translation file. (thanks ByteStar)

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

EpF

Re: Media Center 11.1.157
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:56:10 pm »

As mentioned in the 156 thread, the persistance of search bar entries and 'back' behaviour is still buggy:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32924.msg225570#msg225570

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 04:03:20 pm »

As mentioned in the 156 thread, the persistance of search bar entries and 'back' behaviour is still buggy:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32924.msg225570#msg225570

That change is by design.  For clarity, searching and panes no longer combine their filtering.

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 04:47:47 pm »

I think this is related.  In images, you can no longer get to the bottom of the stack and out  to an array of images.  Instead, at the last level you're given a stack and the details.  This means you can no longer search for an image by what it looks like.  Am I missing something?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 05:03:08 pm »

I think this is related.  In images, you can no longer get to the bottom of the stack and out  to an array of images.  Instead, at the last level you're given a stack and the details.  This means you can no longer search for an image by what it looks like.  Am I missing something?

On the bar above the files list, pick "Thumbnails" from the Options menu.

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 05:16:00 pm »

oops.  This is a superior system, but I can't be the last to figure this out, can I? 

FWIW, this is a ton of stuff top -to-bottom, while there's acres  of unused space left-to-right.  Any further thought on adding vertical split views (while keeping horizontal splits)?

LonWar

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 06:23:18 pm »

Please add a resize all function. Having to resize all of your thumnails for every view is a pain.
Also, where did the spacing slider go. That was really neat.

-

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 07:03:16 pm »

Podcast feeds do not show up over Media Server.  You can see the "downloads," but not the "feeds" under "Podcasts" on the tree on the left, which is empty.

Larry

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 09:31:30 pm »

when i was trying to paste coverarts for movie files, I noticed that it saves them to the cover art directory in a form like that : - 14_10_2005 .. and that made some overwrite eachothers

another thing which i noticed:
I have 2 movie parts for 1 film, with the same cover art, and have the main film name under the field "Comment" , when i browsed it in the library browser with thumbnails it showed me 2 stacks.
Tamer

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 11:09:51 pm »

• When MC attempts to import .mov files from my camera, it's renaming them based on the Image Name setting I have in the Scanner Options. So it's getting saved with a .jpg extension and it's doing something funky to the file as well, because even if I rename it back to a .mov extension, it's unplayable. It's almost like it's trying to convert the .mov to .jpg.

Here's a link to the resulting file...

Before I renamed it...
    After I renamed it...
  • MC is storing View Settings based on the name of the View Scheme. If the name changes to something never used before, then MC creates a new View based on that name. Rename it back to what it was before, and MC will show you the View as it was under that name. Give it a completely new name again, and you get the default view settings again. This behavior persists even after closing and restarting MC.
  • I have the Google Desktop Sidebar running, with it set to not hide and always on top. My taskbar is set the same way.

When I maximize MC, it fills in the space where it should. If I then lock my workstation (Ctrl-Alt-Del -> Lock Workstation), then unlock it, MC is now taking up the entire screen, but stuck behind the taskbar and sidebar.
  • I noticed that you can now rename playlists right from the View Header. Unfortunately, the change doesn't take effect until after you go to a different node in the tree and then back to the renamed playlist. Anyway this could become more instant?
  • Rather than save the log for every CD it rips after it's done ripping, it saves one big log at the end of an autorip function, but in the folder of the last CD it ripped. Which is kind of counterintuitive because if I want to read the log for a particular CD, I have to try and remember which CD I ripped last during that same autorip session.
  • MC isn't handling filenames with special characters in them correctly.

For instance...

Running the Import Media tool fails to import files from folders named Queensr˙che and Mötley Crüe. If I open Explorer and go to the album subfolders for these artists, I can right click and choose Media Center -> Import and then they are imported.

But...

I'm using APL files for these and MC isn't populating the fields with data from the APLs. I've had to refill them all in by hand.

And then...

MC won't play any of these files. The full album APEs themselves play fine.

All of these albums were ripped using MC in autorip mode and set to create one album APE + CUE file. All other albums I've ripped in this same way work perfectly in MC.
  • Would it be at all possible to implement my idea of skipping "Unassigned" fields in Tile View when all of the members of that level are "Unassigned"?

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 01:32:44 am »

Please add a resize all function. Having to resize all of your thumnails for every view is a pain.
Also, where did the spacing slider go. That was really neat.

Yes, you can add an option like "Make thumbnails children at the same size"
Go to linux

EpF

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 01:38:25 am »

That change is by design.  For clarity, searching and panes no longer combine their filtering.
Surely the search entry re-appearing in the search bar when you press 'back' is not intentional though?

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 01:55:46 am »

Surely the search entry re-appearing in the search bar when you press 'back' is not intentional though?
I hope it is intentional! I hate having to retype it when I've navigated away and caused it to be cleared and to loose the result set.

Cheers,
Jeff

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 02:19:41 am »

The other thing i hate is the HUGE header area for playlists that keep coming back even though I shrink them up. The Now Playing view dutifully remembers that I shrunk it's header area down to nothing and never displays it. However, shrinking the header area of a playlist is ignored if I navigate away and come back... it will be displayed full size again.

Feel free to move this to the views thread if you feel it's appropriate ---

Seems like there are 3 preferences for the size of the the headers that could be set on the view properties somewhere and persisted:
Hidden: This does not show the header at all
Title Strip Only: This shows only the strip with the forward, back and refresh buttons, along with the name and the options pulldown
Full Header: This shows the Title Strip plus the huge icon and the play button
In my perfect world, in addition to selecting one of these as default for every time I visit the container, I would also like to to be able to just hide the splitter between the details area and the header area altogether, since I never would re-size them after I shrunk them.

One last observation:
When showing 2 or 3 views in the right pane, and one of the panes gets focus, the header area in the other pane "highlights" to indicate the LOSS of focus. In the Thunderstorm skin, the highlight color is light grey, and actually makes it look like this pane is selected and has focus when it doesn't. Please consider using the some version of the burgundy selection color to indicate focus in the header, and leave the header without focus alone... plain dark grey.

Thanks,
Jeff

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 03:33:47 am »

Bonjour ą vous !

When I will stop playback with click on the little square in the top, MC crashes !

please help me ...  (runtime error ...)

Thanks

Jean-Marc

Media Center Registered 11.1.157 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3199 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 482 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E: HP      DVD Writer 640b   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 640b    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 07:51:37 am »

1)
I have my Audio ViewScheme set up as:
Decade / Genre / Album Artist (auto) / Album

It would be nice if there was an "All" Tile in the Thumbnail version of the library so that I could always have the ViewScheme start at Decade, but skip over Decade/Genre/Artist as I pleased.  As it is now, if I don't care about the Decade / Genre / Artist I have to go directly to the field I do care about using the pull-down menu.

2)
If I have a 2 Disc album ripped into a single directory with the files numbered as follows it does not show up as complete even though no tracks are missing:

Disc# Track#
  1         1
  2         2
  3         3
  ...        ...
  1         10
  2         1
  2         2
  2         3
  ...        ...
  2         10

The files are named "[[Track #]] - [Artist] - [Name]", so I get:
[1] - Artist - NameofDisc1Track1
[1] - Artist - NameofDisc2Track1
[10] - Artist - NameofDisc1Track10
[10] - Artist - NameofDisc2Track10

-John

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 11:40:40 am »

why do the search results get cleared whenever you click on something?  it's counterintuitive, at least to me.  for example, i type in "ryan adams" double-click on "All (1)" to play all ryan adams files (after all i might not have named all of the ryan adams files, and even if i wanted to i cant do so easily now), and instead it plays ALL files.  this is very unlogical, since i was clicking on All to play all the files that i had searched for.  in fact it's very frustrating.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 11:51:53 am »

In this version something is broken with the TV tuner.

After first install there was no picture at all!

Reverted back to 11.1.156 and it worked again!

Reinstalling 11.1.57 gave the picture, but no sound (error message: cannot create audio capture filter).

Also it has always been a problem that when starting TV tuner the sound was not working until I first switched channels forth and back.

I use a Pinnacle PCTV 110i Capture Device.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 12:57:06 pm »

In this version something is broken with the TV tuner.

After first install there was no picture at all!

Reverted back to 11.1.156 and it worked again!

Reinstalling 11.1.57 gave the picture, but no sound (error message: cannot create audio capture filter).

Also it has always been a problem that when starting TV tuner the sound was not working until I first switched channels forth and back.

I use a Pinnacle PCTV 110i Capture Device.

There were a couple of problems in the last build. They have been fixed for the next build. Hopefully yours was related. Let us know how the next build works.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up