INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting  (Read 1063 times)

einar

Converting
« on: March 30, 2006, 01:01:15 pm »

Hey
I have just purchased Media Center 11. Have upgraded to v.11.1.144. Got a problem with converting files from mp3 > wma. At first it worked. Now it gives me files at 5 kb. and zero playtime. What is wrong?. I havenīt changed any parameters.

einar

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Converting
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 01:11:55 pm »

I think that's MC trying to tell you that WMA is the devil's file format and that you'd be better off sticking with MP3.

But seriously... Is it with all files? Can you post the File Type Info (from File Properties) of one of the files that it does this to? Do you have any of the original MP3 files that you did successfully convert that you can test again to see if those still work?

einar

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:55:02 pm »

Hey again
Thankīs for speedy reply.
It does the same with all the mp3īs. And when I try to go back to mp3 from wma. It tells me that converting fails. I have downloaded mp3 encoder from this site.
einmar

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:08:36 pm »

Einar--
This is off-topic to your question, but you should be aware that converting from one lossy format to another will degrade the sound.  If you're determined to do this, try it with a couple of tracks and A/B the results, just to be sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up