INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.160  (Read 5615 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.160
« on: March 31, 2006, 03:06:07 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111160.exe

11.1.160 (3/31/2006)

1. Changed: Added country list on "TV Channels" property page so that people without an analog tuner device can still select a country for digital devices.
2. Changed: More debug logging for TV.
3. Fixed: The drop list below a My Computer view could lose its font when being resized.
4. Changed: The drop list below a My Computer view no longer flickers during resize.
5. Fixed: Edit controls with borders and dividers on dialogs wouldn't always redraw properly. (TV View, Plugin Manager, etc.)
6. Changed: Clicking an item in the panes doesn't clear the search box.
7. Changed: Auto-show menus in library view don't disappear immediately when the mouse leaves them, but instead after a short delay. (so briefly overshooting doesn't hide the menu)
8. Changed: Deleting a file from the details list below a grouping library list no longer resets the scroll position.
9. Changed: The installer uses the user's current skin as long as their current skin is included in the build. (the installer couldn't safely depend on skins it doesn't include)
10. Fixed: Since MC build 11.1.157 TV would fail to load audio device in some cases.
11. Fixed: Scrollbars wouldn't properly show or hide in lists under certain circumstances or Windows versions.
12. Changed: Player window text sizing auto-fits the text instead of trying to honor the font size in Options > Tree & View. (since there's a fixed height)
13. NEW: Added a view header bar to My Computer views.
14. Changed: All view headers show a thumbnail size slider when in thumbnail mode. (instead of just library views)
15. Fixed: SDK access of thumbnails on systems with more than 2GB of thumbnails would not work properly.
16. Fixed: Import Action Window was not properly supporting translation.

11.1.159 (3/30/2006)

1. Fixed: Empty lists could cause a crash in some cases.

11.1.158 (3/30/2006)

1. NEW: MC tries to resolve ambiguities when there are multiple instances of identical digital TV devices on the same computer.
2. Fixed: ATI HDTV Wonder digital TV device stopped working in 11.1.157.
3. Changed: Reworked how skinning is loaded. (primarily an internal change -- please report any strangeness)
4. NEW: The installer is now skinned.
5. NEW: The installer is now translatable. (strings to translate will appear in the translation files of a later build)
6. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks bytestar!)
7. NEW: Updated the Spanish translation. (thanks ferent!)

11.1.157 (3/29/2006)

1. Changed: The "All" item doesn't appear in the tree for items with only one child.
2. Fixed: Podcast web page did not update title bar and buttons properly in split-window mode.
3. Fixed: Podcast forward/back arrows did not display properly.
4. Fixed: Grouping thumbnail style lists could redraw items twice instead of once on scroll -- causing a slowdown.
5. Fixed: Slider handles could appear squished with some skins.
6. Optimized: Several grouping thumbnail list speed-ups.
7. Fixed: The bottom 1/3 of the alphabet in library views was not clickable.
8. Changed: Graph building is more efficent when switching from recording/time-shifting to regular viewing in digital TV.
9. Fixed: Some MP3 Layer 2.5 mono files would not play properly.
10. Fixed: PerbCast Server will not check for status message unless a list is actually being shared.
11. Fixed: The Directory checking on a PerbCast server will not fill up the status window with messages.
12. Fixed: Burning PDL protected WMA files was failing because of license acquisition errors in the burn engine.

11.1.156 (3/28/2006)

1. Optimized: Improved performance of image playback and reduced memory usage.
2. Changed: "Disc #" is mapped to the ID3v2 field "TPOS", or "Part of a set" frame.
3. Changed: Revised the no tile image used in library views.
4. Fixed: "Album Thumbnails" erroneously showed up under grouped library views.
5. Changed: Right-click display menu configuration items no longer apply English capitalization rules to be more translation friendly.
6. Fixed: Playback of images with transparency did not properly handle zooming in and out.
7. Changed: Media Center builds higher quality thumbnails. (use Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase all thumbnails... to force MC to rebuild)
8. Changed: Added an optional server name to the TiVo Server.
9. Fixed: Unable to play Audible file after previous playing to end of file.
10. Chagned: Text size is no longer part of the thumbnail size setting. (but is instead added to the height automatically depending on how many lines of text are showing)
11. Changed: The incomplete shutdown dialog is no longer shown when a debugger is bound to the Media Center process.
12. Chagned: Added a "Don't show again" checkbox to the incomplete shutdown dialog.
13. Changed: Added auto-re-sharing if the PerbCaster Directory restarts.
14. NEW: When in thumbnail modes, a thumbnail size slider appears in the view header.
15. Optimized: Changing thumbnail sizes is much faster.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Media Center 11.1.160
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 03:52:55 pm »

Thank you!!  :D

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:57:26 pm »

Sorry however why uses the Installer the Aruba Skin.  Better would be the current from Windows or the current used in mediacenter.

and In the import Result Window are few words not translatable.

see here...

Code: [Select]
Bibliothek enthält 42412 [b]files[/b]. Suchen und aktualisieren dauer 0:12.

Importiert 0 neue Dateien.
Aktualisiert 4 [b]files[/b] veränderte Dateien.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:11:53 pm »

11.1.160 (3/31/2006)

15. Fixed: SDK access of thumbnails on systems with more than 2GB of thumbnails would not work properly.

Thank you very much, Matt. That solved the problem.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 04:18:18 pm »

12. Changed: Player window text sizing auto-fits the text instead of trying to honor the font size in Options > Tree & View. (since there's a fixed height)

Thanks Matt, font display on my notebook is OK now!

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 04:19:20 pm »

11.1.160 (3/31/2006)

Matt,

Since this change seems to solve the problem with the searches but did not solve my issue here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=32962.0

Could you please take a look at it and confirm whether it's a bug or a feature?

Thanks again.

lpr

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 04:24:38 pm »

Could you please take a look at it and confirm whether it's a bug or a feature?

And if it's a "feature", can you please tell us how to achive this specific task?

Thanks for your time.

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 04:27:27 pm »

Delete and re-sync problems during Pocket PC synchronization.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Configure Handheld options to support mp3;jpg;mpg;avi
2. Set to delete files from Handheld that are not in playlist
3. Create a playlist to sync to the Storage Card (include mp3, jpg and video files)
4. Sync playlist to Storage card - all OK
5. Remove Pocket PC from cradle, the plug it back into cradle
6. Add a new file to the playlist and 'Recheck Sync'
7. All files are now flagged to first be deleted, then re-copied to the Storage Card

There are other strange things that happen as well, such as mpg files losing the association (no longer show a 'movie' icon next to them) as well as problems when deleting files directly from the handheld and getting 'lost' to MC.

I think the issues have to do with not having an MC.dic file on the Storage Card to keep track of what's going on, but I have no idea on how to get this file back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kwake

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 04:38:37 pm »

http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 04:42:07 pm »

o and in recent builds after the first startup of MC after an install the audioscrobbler user and password fields are empty.  it fills them again if u close and start MC up again.  nothing major, but i thought it might be nice to put it on your guys radar.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 04:54:25 pm »

Options for panes comes up n/a again.

TC

EpF

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 05:31:45 pm »

That's great! Thanks very much!  ;D

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 05:38:09 pm »

Is correct I see it straight, no not already again...
jriver please fix this again...  ;D

Options for panes comes up n/a again.

TC
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 11:39:31 pm »

I have more information about the bug I listed below...

Either MAC isn't creating proper APL files for files with these special characters in them (Queensr˙che and Mötley Crüe), or MC isn't reading them correctly. The APE file that is ripped plays fine, and if I rename the file to use regular characters (Queensryche or Motley Crue), and edit the CUE sheet accordingly, then APL files made from this CUE sheet work as expected. If I edit the APL by hand, leave the tag alone, but change the name of the APE file it points to to the one without the special characters, then MC can play that APL as expected, but the tag data is not imported. So either MAC is doing something funky when trying to create the APL with those characters, or MC just can't understand it afterwards.

EDIT

At the recommendation of GHammer, I having foobar2000 create the APL files for me and it worked. So it seemed the problem lies with MAC's MakeAPL utility.

Although foobar did complain about an invalid entry in the CUE sheet. MC doesn't put the "WAVE" at the end of the filename line like EAC does. Not sure what the standard is here, but that isn't what's causing the problems here.

MC isn't handling filenames with special characters in them correctly. For instance...

Running the Import Media tool fails to import files from folders named Queensr˙che and Mötley Crüe. If I open Explorer and go to the album subfolders for these artists, I can right click and choose Media Center -> Import and then they are imported. But...

I'm using APL files for these and MC isn't populating the fields with data from the APLs. I've had to refill them all in by hand. And then...

MC won't play any of these files. The full album APEs themselves play fine. All of these albums were ripped using MC in autorip mode and set to create one album APE + CUE file. All other albums I've ripped in this same way work perfectly in MC.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 01:44:13 am »

9. Changed: The installer uses the user's current skin as long as their current skin is included in the build. (the installer couldn't safely depend on skins it doesn't include)

I don't particularly like either one of these. The font in my Player Display jumped from 9 point to about 11 or 12 point and now it looks like crap. It looked much better and more fluid the way it was before. Unless I can change this myself, I would prefer it the other way.

The latter is just an issue of annoyance. I use a non-stock skin, and having the installer window looking like something so far removed from the rest of my system is kind of like plopping a big fat piece of modern art right in the middle of the bar/rodeo room in my ranch in texas.

All in all, just cosmetics. However, I'm sure that by now you have all probably learned that these are usually the only issues I have with MC. Everything else works just dandy.

-EDIT-

On second thought, a modern art piece would be more of a permanent fixture. The installer window isnt so permanent. It's a "see it once or twice and be done with it" kind of deal. So rather, it would be more like having a portable rodeo bull machine being brought into the middle of the room on a bright red sleigh with bells and ribbons. The sleigh serves its purpose of bringing in the bull machine however its an aweful eyesore the whole time its doing it. The bull machine fits, the sleigh doesn't.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 02:12:46 am »

I don't particularly like either one of these. The font in my Player Display jumped from 9 point to about 11 or 12 point and now it looks like crap. It looked much better and more fluid the way it was before. Unless I can change this myself, I would prefer it the other way.

JaredH, on a Notebook with 1400x1050 resolution the lines on the top display bar were overlapping! And that did not look nice either!

JaredH

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 02:17:36 am »

JaredH, on a Notebook with 1400x1050 resolution the lines on the top display bar were overlapping! And that did not look nice either!

Interesting you mention that. I'm running on a 15.1" widescreen notebook at 1680x1050 and I'm not seeing those lines youre referring to.
J. A. Hayslett

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 05:48:53 am »

when i was trying to paste coverarts for movie files, I noticed that it saves them to the cover art directory in a form like that : - 14_10_2005 .. and that made some overwrite eachothers

another thing which i noticed:
I have 2 movie parts for 1 film, with the same cover art, and have the main film name under the field "Comment" , when i browsed it in the library browser with thumbnails it showed me 2 stacks.
Tamer

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 06:25:42 am »

If I sort a listview by disc#,  tracks with the number missing are not brought to to top of the list, they are sorted with the 1's

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
Playlist begins playing at the end.
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 02:19:57 pm »

Continuous play - OFF. Load a playlist that has previously been played.  The playlist loads with the playlist pointer set to the last song in the playlist. So when you play this playlist, MC starts playing from the last song, plays the last song only and then stops. My suggestion is that when a playlist is finished playing, the playlist pointer be returned to the first song. If continuous play is OFF - then just stop. Now when the playlist is re-loaded and you hit play, it will start playing from the first entry and play the entire way through.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 09:31:56 am »

i want to add a network-drive as a handheld player
creating/adding the handheld player works fine, all files are beeing shown. but if i try to sync files via drag and drop nothing gets copied, also no error messages show up. so what exactly is the problem? if the directory is mapped as a network drive the copying works fine

Sync und Delete with a UNC Path (\\Silvia\SharedDocs\) not working, but a mapped drive (Z:) works fine.

Please fix this...

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 02:49:58 pm »

Bug: Library Server does not serve files with "#" sign in Filename.

Client Log:
2515237: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Start
2515237: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Opening http://192.168.222.10:80/Z:^5cAudio^5cMusic^5cAvril Lavigne^5cLet Go^5c#03 Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi.mp3?codec=MP3 Encoder&settings=
2515237: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::StartPlayFile: Finish (60 ms)
2515237: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::Play: StartPlayFile returned 1
2515237: Playback: CPlaybackEngImpl::Play: Finish (60 ms)
2515237: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Play succeeded
2515247: Playback: CPlayerZone::Play: Finish (141 ms)
2515247: Reader: CInternetReader::ConnectToURL: Start
2515247: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Start
2515257: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Failed, CheckForErrors() returns error 404
2515257: Reader: CInternetReader::DownloadFromHTTPURL: Finish (10 ms)
2515257: Reader: CInternetReader::ConnectToURL: Finish (10 ms)
2515257: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: ConnectToURL failed, m_bConnectError=TRUE, URL=http://192.168.222.10:80/Z:^5cAudio^5cMusic^5cAvril Lavigne^5cLet Go^5c#03 Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi.mp3?codec=MP3 Encoder&settings=
2515257: Reader: CInternetReader::Open: Finish (20 ms)

Library Server Log:
04/02/06 14:45:10 - Received request for a file: Z:\Audio\Music\Avril Lavigne\Let Go\
04/02/06 14:45:10 - Error sharing file, file not found

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 10:14:16 pm »

maybe it just doesn't serve songs with "avril lavigne" in the filename.... haha jk.  avril has talent, compared to some pop punk girls out there....  wierd bug tho.

JaredH

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 10:53:37 pm »

For months now, the tooltip on my MC tray icon has shown truncated playing now information.

Is there a certain limit on the amount of characters the tooltip will show?
J. A. Hayslett

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 08:37:31 am »

For months now, the tooltip on my MC tray icon has shown truncated playing now information.

Is there a certain limit on the amount of characters the tooltip will show?

Yes, there's a Windows limit of 64 characters.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Playlist begins playing at the end.
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 08:42:56 am »

Continuous play - OFF. Load a playlist that has previously been played.  The playlist loads with the playlist pointer set to the last song in the playlist. So when you play this playlist, MC starts playing from the last song, plays the last song only and then stops. My suggestion is that when a playlist is finished playing, the playlist pointer be returned to the first song. If continuous play is OFF - then just stop. Now when the playlist is re-loaded and you hit play, it will start playing from the first entry and play the entire way through.

I can't reproduce this.  How are you loading the playlist?  Try using double-click in the tree.  Please start a new thread if it still seems strange.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 08:43:36 am »

If I sort a listview by disc#,  tracks with the number missing are not brought to to top of the list, they are sorted with the 1's

Craig

This is by design.  If you don't fill in a disc number, it's assumed to be 1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up