INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated command list for Girder?  (Read 951 times)

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Updated command list for Girder?
« on: April 01, 2006, 07:36:45 am »

Is there an updated csv or Girder command file available?  I've been researching switching my DVD playback from TheaterTek to MC11.1.  I've noticed a few commands mentioned (DVD Menu and MCC 10034/10035, for example) that are mentioned in the forums, but they are not in the command csv file or the Girder file.  I want to make sure I can do everything via a remote because my HTPC does not have a keyboard or mouse connected.

Is there an updated list available?  This would save a lot of research time.

Would it be better to give up Girder and go with the plug-in?  Since MC will be my only app if this works well, I might be OK.

During my first attempts last night, I wasn't too pleased with the picture quality (NVidea drivers), but I'm not ready to give up yet.  During my searches, I saw several people using ffdshow for audio.  Is ffdshow for video still not supported?

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updated command list for Girder?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 07:24:29 pm »

Man this takes me back....

The current list AFAIK is located at http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/MCCommands.h

I haven't updated mine since the one that is included in the "Extras" folder of the MC installation. However, an update is on the horizon since I just upgraded to 11.1. I can't give a timetable--it will probably just happen on some rainy day off.

Girder gives you nearly unlimited flexibilty, and that can be a bad thing when you are just starting out. I think that as long as the MC Remote plugin gives you the basic control you are looking for, you should start there and see what you want to add--then start for the Girder solutions.

As for picture quality--bear in mind that ffdshow is not an MPEG2 decoder, but an MPEG4 decoder, so it won't help with DVDs...

Best,
Brad

godavego

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Updated command list for Girder?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 12:25:04 pm »

Perfect!  That's the list I was looking for.  Now I can add the Girder commands without spending forever finding the right codes.

Regarding ffdshow, I use it with TheaterTek and DVDs all the time (along with DScaler 4).  It definitely helps with DVDs, but you need to have a player that support it.  TheaterTek and ZoomPlayer are two of the bigs ones that I know.

After experimenting for a while yesterday, I will most likely be sticking with TheaterTek.  The difference in picture quality is too great.  The first thing out of my wife's mouth was "What's wrong with the picture?"  On my 100" screen it is really noticeable.  When TT 2.3 comes out, I will try the latest nVidia Pure Video drivers.  I'm told those get the picture to the point where ffdshow is not as noticeable.  Unfortunately, I can't try them now because if I do, my TheaterTek installation gets wiped out.

The search for one solution continues...
Pages: [1]   Go Up