INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request?\Help? with Volume balance r\l channel  (Read 1088 times)

olarte

• World Citizen
Feature Request?\Help? with Volume balance r\l channel
« on: April 06, 2006, 08:20:14 am »

THis is an unusual request\problem but I can't find anything out there that will help.

I'm hard of hearing on my left hear, and have looked high and low for an inline volume\balance control for my ipod so I can turn up the volume on the left side (like one can do on a regular stereo).

I found a picture of such a device on teh internet but cannot locate it anywhere, the most I've found is a simple inline volume control but that does both channels.

short of that I was wondering if MC or some other product can adjust the volume so it's say 20% louder on the left channel.

Optimally I'd rather do this via a hardware (inline) option, but short of that I wonder if MC can provide this feature. Maybe upon sync to the ipod one can "normalize" the volume to be louder on the left or right channel?

I can't believe that I'm the only one needed balance adjustment between the right\left channels.

ANY help hardware or software wise would be greatly appreciated!!!

olarte

• World Citizen
Re: Feature Request?\Help? with Volume balance r\l channel
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 09:16:54 am »

:D Well I get to answer my own request... but I figured others might have the same need. I can't be the only guy out there with unbalanced hearing.

IT turns out that Sennheiser makes such an adaptor it's part HZR 62...

But Alas it's very hard to find, and it's $30 ouch... not only that but it comes with a 6 meter cords yuk.

Long story short I tracked them down, they are in Connecticut (US), and they will shorten the cable as part of the sale (for another $25!!!.

Anyway,  I ordered the part modified to a 1 foot cable for $58, but at least it will let me control the volume on the ipod, and more importantly let me balance left\right channels.

if you are interested, the part is HZR62, they can be reached at:

http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail2002/SearchResults.aspx?sendingPageType=CatalogBase

Phone: (860) 434-9190

Hope this helps others like me out there...

Pages: [1]   Go Up