INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Treat Audiobooks like Podcasts.... for Remember playback...  (Read 1940 times)

olarte

• World Citizen

I found throught the posts that I can use the Podcast genre to automatically save the "playback position" This is great.

I could not verify if skip shuffle also works as I made a podcast file part of a playlis and turned shufle to songs and it still played but that is secondary.

I already have a lot of audiobooks in my library and also some standup Comedy...  it would be easy enough to change the genre to Podcast but then I won't know what's an audio book, a real podcast or a comedy item.

My request is to be able to treat some genres like Audiobook or comedy the same way as Podcasts so that they would remember the Playback Position.

This would add the bookmark feature without messing up the library categories.... thanks

olarte

• World Citizen

Anyone???

Does anybody else have files in Audiobook or Comedy genre that would benefit from Bookmarks?

Why have to lump everthing into the Podcast Genre just to have bookmarking?

olarte

• World Citizen

I guess nobody else has a need for bookmarking audiobooks?  :(

michelefanelli

• Recent member

I know this is not an elagant solution, but the "Notes" field among mp3 tag info allow you a further classification (you can actually write what you want in that field). If you are not using yet "Notes" you can plan to use it for differentiating this kind of media, leaving "Podcast" in the "Genre" field.

Don't blame me if this is a lame solution

Anyway, I'm not able to activate the function of resuming playback from the point I stopped playback for Podcast neither. What option should I activate?

olarte

• World Citizen

Thanks, that's not a bad idea at all. I can at least put it in comments until they add a similar feature.

As for podcasts, all I had to do was make any file Podcast Genre then sync it to the ipod.

Are you using the latest build of MC? it might not have been supported until 11.1.16x...

I know this is not an elagant solution, but the "Notes" field among mp3 tag info allow you a further classification (you can actually write what you want in that field). If you are not using yet "Notes" you can plan to use it for differentiating this kind of media, leaving "Podcast" in the "Genre" field.

Don't blame me if this is a lame solution

Anyway, I'm not able to activate the function of resuming playback from the point I stopped playback for Podcast neither. What option should I activate?

michelefanelli

• Recent member

I dont' have an Ipod. I only want to remember playback position while using Media Center with Podcasts Audiobooks or Movies, in the same way I can do with I-tunes.  Is this possible?

Thanks

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

MC should use another field to flag the item for 'bookmarked' on iPods.  Forcing the use of the 'podcast' genre is too limiting, and ignores other content that is not truly a 'podcast' but can benefit from bookmarking.

Making all of this content have a 'genre' of 'podcast' is a workaround at best, please consider a true solution.

olarte

• World Citizen

Any chance that ver 12.x now has support for audiobooks and bookmarks on ipods?
Pages: [1]   Go Up