INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 iPod, 2 computers  (Read 1728 times)

Chazworth

• Recent member
1 iPod, 2 computers
« on: April 07, 2006, 03:20:06 pm »

I have been trying to figure out a solution for this for a while, but I am drawing a blank.  I have a PC at my home that has all of my music on it (and MC).  I also have an iPod that is large enough to hold most of my music on it.  In order to also enjoy my library at work, I would like to be able to bring the iPod to work, plug it into my dock, and then use MC to access the tunes.

So, when I connect my iPod to my work computer, MC does recognize the iPod, and I can play the tunes from the "Drives & Devices" portion of the MC tree, but I don't see that I can actually import the music to the main library (and so I can't use the MC sorting features, panes, etc.).  By the way, I have been using iTunes to upload my music to the iPod (I plan on experimenting with MC soon).

Is there any easy way to make this scenario work correctly?

Thanks.

Charlie

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 1 iPod, 2 computers
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 05:58:59 pm »

What if you use the regular import tool to import from the iPod?  That way, you'd be able to browse using the library. (just make sure the iPod doesn't change drive letters and it'll work fine)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chazworth

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:47:05 pm »

That was what I have attemted to do (Tools>Import Media, then select the drive letter that the iPod has been assigned).  The search runs, but it does not find the .mp3 files on the iPod.  Should that work?

Maybe I will try fooling around with the settings some more.  Thanks.

Charlie

razumik

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 08:32:07 pm »

Chazworth,

Did you look at the iPod_Control\Music folder to make sure that it is not hidden?  That may cause the files not to import...though I am not sure how you can see them from the MC tree.'

You could also try importing them by right-clicking the iPod_Control\Music folder in Windows Explorer and choosing Media Center - Import to see if that works.

Chazworth

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 10:21:26 am »

The folder was not hidden.  However, your suggestion to right-click the iPod_Control\Music folder in Windows Explorer and choose Media Center - Import worked. 

Excellent.  What a relief to be able to use MC again and turn the lame iTunes off.  Thanks for the help.

Charlie
Pages: [1]   Go Up