INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to trnsfer iTunes to ecternal drive in using correct method.  (Read 1446 times)

soeclectic

I have done all the steps listed and instead of getting a copy of iTunes on my external drive I get Windows style folder icons of each artist with idividual song icons inside those folders. I tried changing the view and tried many other things--too many to mention. I have done the procedure at least 10 times and have spent over 6 hrs. I CAN get a copy of iTunes to my external drive by going to Start, right clicking on MY Music and selecting Send To the external drive. However this is not the recommended method and I wonder if using this method will create unforseen problems in the future. I have XP and upgraded to the latest version of iTunes and still get the same results.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: unable to trnsfer iTunes to ecternal drive in using correct method.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 12:30:12 pm »

You might want to try Apple's support here:

http://www.apple.com/support/

soeclectic

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 04:22:22 pm »

iPod Lounge and iTunes sopport have step by step tutorials explaining how to copy iTunes to an external hard drive. I have done all the steps listed and instead of getting a copy of iTunes on my external drive I get Windows style folder icons of each artist with idividual song icons inside those folders. I tried changing the view and tried many other things--too many to mention. I have done the procedure at least 10 times and have spent over 6 hrs. I CAN get a copy of iTunes to my external drive by going to Start, right clicking on MY Music and selecting Send To the external drive. However this is not the recommended method and I have read warnings about usintg this method and wonder if using this method will create unforseen problems in the future. I have XP and upgraded to the latest version of iTunes and still get the same results.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:27:00 pm »

You're barking up the wrong tree.  This forum is for support of JRiver Media Center, not for itunes.  Please post on the forum at Apple.  You should get help there.

soeclectic

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 10:58:18 am »

I was trying to find out if iRiver has the ability to do the transfer. I read through the product specs and it seemed it may be possible.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 11:06:13 am »

Sorry, but this isn't iRiver either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up