INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How is AutoRip with multiple CD-ROM drives supposed to work?  (Read 1579 times)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
How is AutoRip with multiple CD-ROM drives supposed to work?
« on: April 15, 2006, 09:32:26 pm »

Because, what I'm getting now is not what I was expecting and I don't know if it's a bug, something funky with my setup, or just the way it's supposed to be.

I now have 3 CD-ROM drives in my PC. I set MC's Advanced Rip Settings to use 3 drives. I'm also having it rip to a single APE with CUE. I put CD's in each of the drives and closed the doors. I got one disc that ripped correctly, one disc that didn't rip at all, and one disc that ripped, but it's CUE had track info from the CD that didn't rip.

So I'm assuming that HAS to be a bug.

The next time, I put them in kind of staggered, so they wouldn't all try to run at the same time. One disc ripped, then the second disc ripped, and the third just sat there.

So from then on I stuck to just two drives.

Then I updated to .172. Now Autorip seems to be totally broken. It'll kick in and rip the first disc I stick in the drives, then spit it out. The second drive will then rip its disc, although sometimes it won't.  And then more times or not, when I stick the next disc in, it'll get the info from YADB, but then never start ripping the CD.

I was under the impression that MC would rip from all three CD-ROM drives simultaneously. But it seems to be doing one, then the next. I'm not sure why three drives doesn't seem to work, and I'm wondering if there's some bug in the autorip with multiple drives part of MC.

Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

Here's my system info, if it helps...

Media Center Registered 11.1.172 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 1827 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 482 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5299.0 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive X: E-IDE   CD-ROM 48X/AKU    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Y: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Z: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-109   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Notify.wav

Burning /  Drive Y: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-240B    Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Z: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-109    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How is AutoRip with multiple CD-ROM drives supposed to work?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 09:43:20 pm »

Could you try ripping to APE (no CUE)?  Just to test?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 09:46:55 pm »

Sure. Let me get back to you in a little bit. :)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 10:27:08 pm »

Ok, ripping to just APE works as I would expect. All three drives rip simultaneously and autorip works fine.

Autorip also works fine with just one drive ripping to APE with CUE.

So the problem seems to be when trying to combine APe with CUE, multiple drives, and autorip.

So I'm guessing it's a bug?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 04:55:50 pm »

Just found a new wrinkle with this...

I reported earlier that one of the CUE files had info for two different CDs in it. One for an album that did rip to APE, and another that didn't.

I assumed that the extra CUE info was extraneous, and just deleted it from the CUE file. Well, I just discovered that the rest of the CUE information is screwed up. The Indexes are all off.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 05:07:29 pm »

Actually, I take that back... it's even weirder than I thought. The APE file for this album actually has the first track in it twice. And the CUE that accompanies it is all kinds of messed up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up