INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: filter out removable media over UPnP  (Read 725 times)

syserror

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Request: filter out removable media over UPnP
« on: April 22, 2006, 01:30:57 pm »

I'm using Media Center 11.1 and am very happy with its ability to track removable media by named disc, as well as its normal playback and management of media.  My typical procedure is to rip a large number of CDs til I have enough to fill a burnt DVD with compressed media (MP3 or APE), then catalog the media on the DVD as well as keeping the songs I most want to listen to available on my hard drive.  MC's removable media cataloging then lets me find the backup DVD (via drive locations area where the named removable discs are) if I want to pull more songs off it later, without having to rerip my original CD.

I have just begun making heavier use of my UPnP client device (SMZ EZStream).  When attempting to play all songs by an artist or even on an album, I often get 'track not found, skipping' and it fails to play.  I determined that the UPnP server is presenting all my removable media, which is not available in the PC at the time.  MP3s which I only have on removable media are displayed, and even ones I have on both removable media and my hard drive will fail UPnP playback on every other track since both are being presented via UPnP.

It does not seem to make sense to access removable media cataloged by MC via UPnP, and filtering out removable media so it does not appear via UPnP would solve such problems.  If there was a compelling reason for including removable media to UPnP that I'm not aware of, it could be an option instead.  Let me know what you think and if you have any other questions or suggestions.  Thanks-
Pages: [1]   Go Up