INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync/Burn Device capacity  (Read 1024 times)

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Sync/Burn Device capacity
« on: April 19, 2006, 02:38:31 pm »

Most of my library is encoded in ape - at least the recent rips. I sync to my (512Mb) player and recently tried to burn an mp3 CD for the car. My default is to transcode to mp3.

Problem is that with ape (and I guess other lossless formats) I soon get the 'overflow' message, which seems to be based on the size of the original apes rather than the transcoded mp3s. OK except that there is then no way to figure out how to fill my chosen device - at this point Im guessing. The last car CD I burned ended up only half full. Is it possible for MC to give a better estimate of the ultimate file sizes based on some simple conversion factors?

Id be happy overflowing some files or not filling up the device completely if I could - I guess anything would be better than my estimates. Or am I missing something?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Sync/Burn Device capacity
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 03:45:56 pm »

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Sync/Burn Device capacity
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 06:05:46 pm »

This was an issue I had last year and it was fixed.
MC is supposed to guesstimate the size after conversion not use the size of the APE files.
I haven't tested it recently but I haven't heard the kids complain lately so as far as I know it is working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up