INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saved Views keep changing  (Read 1326 times)

djStu

• Recent member
Saved Views keep changing
« on: April 19, 2006, 02:14:14 pm »

All my saved Views occasionally lose their customizations. Way too frequently I am forced to customize and save my Views in each location of MC again and again.

Can someone PLEASE telll me how to make my saved Views persist indefinitely?

Does my problem of losing my customized and saved Views relate to my web browser?

Just desperately guessing and hoping for help . . . Thanks much.

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Saved Views keep changing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 02:34:53 pm »

I have the exact same problem and share your frustrations.

I've reported it before but didn't really get any response. I think it only affects a small number of users for some reason.

Try doing a library restore to before you lost the settings.

Ed.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 02:48:40 pm »

Mine seem to reset only when MC crashes which isn't that often and only when I am trying to do too much at one time.

The thing I don't like is when this does happen, since MC switched to a per-view/page settings application, it is time consuming to make each customization expecially on the ones where  it is exactly the same.  I say there should be a way to make a single change and have only that change that was made, apply to all views where the other customizations stay true to each page/view.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 09:59:24 pm »

This used to happen to me occasionally, but then it somehow stopped about a year ago.  I'm glad because it used to turn me into a burning tower of fiery anger.

One question... Does your Library Data (not the media files themselves, but the Media Library data files) happen to live on either a network drive or in a shared directory that other computers could/do access?  That's the only thing I can think of that I used to have set up (and have now changed) back when I used to have the "resets".

If you are doing this on purpose to share your library between two (or more) computers, then you really should look at this thread (which could be related anyway).  I posted an alternative solution at the bottom that works pretty well.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 10:03:36 pm »

Mine seem to reset only when MC crashes which isn't that often and only when I am trying to do too much at one time.

Crashes for me are also rare indeed, but when they do happen (as they did recently when I was playing with Girder and sending Windows Messages I shouldn't have been sending) I don't typically lose my customize current view settings.  I also keep a number of backup copies of my Library Data so I could always restore if it ever happened.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up