INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.174  (Read 3827 times)

SwellGuy

Media Center 11.1.174
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:51:07 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111174.exe

11.1.174 (4/19/2006)

1. Fixed: MC crashing related to translation of the action windows.

11.1.173 (4/19/2006)

1. Fixed: Silent import commands issued when MC wasn't running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Action window titles weren't getting translated.
3. NEW: Added substring searching to expression IsEqual(...) function.
4. Fixed: Some help links were broken.
5. NEW: OmniFi DMS now supported.
6. Changed: Scroll position is better preserved when changing thumbnail sizes.
7. Fixed: Drilling into a tile in a library view would change the start location you'd see when leaving and coming back to the view.
8. Fixed: Keyboard shortcut for Options (Ctrl+O) wasn't working correctly.
9. Fixed: Cue file ripping wasn't working with multiple CD drives.
10. Fixed: Tagging error messages were shown when ripping to a Cue file.
11. Fixed: Old Cue files were not overwritten even if "overwrite" was enabled by user.
12. Fixed: Sometimes during a multiple CD auto-ripping operation, MC would not restart ripping when a new CD was inserted.
13. Fixed: Secure ripping log for multi-CD autorip session is now saved separately in the folder for each CD ripped.
14. Fixed: If secure multi-CD autorip session was canceled, the log file showed all tracks canceled.
15. Fixed: When file conversion is set to replace the original file it would append (1) to the filename.
16. Fixed: Better status and progress messaging for CD burning of transcoded music files.
17. Fixed: Temporary ISO image file for CD burning of transcoded music files was not getting deleted.

11.1.172 (4/14/2006)

1. Fixed: Wait messages could show invalid text in some cases.
2. Fixed: The "Top Hits" stock smartlist could show files that had never played if there hadn't been 100 plays of other files yet.
3. Fixed: "Redetect Devices..." could cause a crash if pressed immediately after detecting a device.
4. Fixed: With continuous playback off, and "CD Player Style" previous wouldn't work properly for the first track in a playlist.
5. Fixed: Media Editor was not properly decoding files.
6. Changed: Thumbnail size slider preserves spacing used in Customize Current View...
7. Changed: Tuned aspect ratio used by thumbnail size slider to be media type specific.
8. Fixed: During multiple CD rip process, CD's would not always eject upon rip completion.

11.1.171 (4/10/2006)

1. Fixed: During Audio Analysis or Format Conversion, keyboard shortcuts would not work properly.
2. NEW: Update the French translation. (thanks Jean-Marc)
3. Changed: The Action Window no longer has an empty row at the bottom of it.
4. Fixed: Quickly double-clicking in the panes could play items from the previous selection.
5. Fixed: MC would occasionally list all (or nearly all) files on a device in duplicate.
6. Fixed: MC could have trouble reconciling a file on a device if it didn't have an album name.
7. Fixed: Syncing to some devices failing due to bad metadata.
8. Fixed: When ripping from multiple CD drives, CD's ejected and re-inserted at odd times.

11.1.170 (4/8/2006)

1. Fixed: The installer could crash on some systems.

11.1.169 (4/7/2006)

1. NEW: Added more skin effects under Tools > Skins > Skin Effects...
2. Fixed: Shell extensions could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, some button text could appear the wrong color.
4. Fixed: If focus was shifted away from the installer during an upgrade install, it would not always finish properly.

11.1.168 (4/7/2006)

1. Fixed: Launching Media Center while Media Server or Media Center was already running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Package Installer (Check for Updates, skin installation, etc.) would exit with an error.
3. Fixed: Tagging mode would reset list selections after making a change.
4. Fixed: Refresh (F5) wouldn't properly preserve the file list state in pane mode.
5. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, button text could appear the wrong color on the over and down states.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)
New thumbnail size slider bar

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
Re: Media Center 11.1.174
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 06:09:04 pm »

good reflections!!
Go to linux

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 06:11:34 pm »

ok this build is ok !
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

omnifiuser1

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:01:13 pm »

5. NEW: OmniFi DMS now supported.

Can you add a drop-down menu item for the Omnifi DMS1 (just use same settings as the Terratec Noxon) in the UPnP Server Options "Receiver:" section so that newbies will use that instead of having to previously know that the Noxon usually is the best bet for it to work. 

"Automatic Detection" does not work:

04/19/06 22:44:25 - Cannot autodetect device, User-Agent: Linux/2.4.18-rmk7, UPnP/1.0, Intel SDK for UPnP devices /1.2

The above is from firmware 2.0.313 loaded (DMS1 owners shouldn't use 2.1.012).

If you use Automatic Detection, the DMS1 works, however the additional "Images / Video" shows up.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 10:22:49 pm »

MC just crashed on me when i clicked on a file to download on the audible site.

jgreen

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 11:37:42 pm »

The "Date" field, when empty, retains a value within MC of "1899/12/30".  This is true for WAV, APE, FLAC, but not mp3 using ID3 v1 tags.  To test this, order  files via the date column, a-z or z-a.  Empty dates should be "0", but if you change any empty date (other than an mp3) to a date PRIOR to 1899, you will see that it immediately goes to the bottom of the stack, BELOW the zero values.

If you examine the FLAC tags in file type info, that 1899/12/30 date is expressed.  But this issue holds true for APE and WAV also, as proven by the "Date" column ordering within MC.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 09:21:40 am »

When a gapless album (a DJ mix etc), which is in the disc image mp3 & cue format is played MC uses the gapless encoder delay and padding values from the main LAME encoded disc image file. It reads the info and obviously uses the same values for each track. This incorrectly removes some of the audio content and can add audible clicks on the track boundaries.

I tested this by removing the delay and padding information from the the main file. After that the cue tracks inside MC were correctly gapless.

This could be fixed if MC would not use the gapless LAME decoding when a track contains a playback range that does not start or end with 0. When the playback range starts with 0 MC should use only the encoder delay information and when the range ends with 0 it should use the padding information. If the playback range is 0-0 MC should use the both values. (I have a few 0-0 playback ranges because I have made some virtual tracks by using custom cue sheets that point to standard track files.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gitcheye

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Darned if you do and darned if you don't!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 09:22:02 am »

I have 5 albums named 'greatest hits'.  When viewing Audio / Albums view...MC .174 only shows album art for one of the albums.  Do I need to rename each greatest hits album something different (such as adding spaces) or can this be fixed?
Gitcheye

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 09:29:01 am »

I have 5 albums named 'greatest hits'.  When viewing Audio / Albums view...MC .174 only shows album art for one of the albums.  Do I need to rename each greatest hits album something different (such as adding spaces) or can this be fixed?

Album view only looks at the album tag.  Either switch the albums to something like "Greatest Hits (Nirvana)", or switch the view scheme to use an expression like [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] as the "Album" piece.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 09:37:30 am »

9. Fixed: Cue file ripping wasn't working with multiple CD drives.
10. Fixed: Tagging error messages were shown when ripping to a Cue file.
11. Fixed: Old Cue files were not overwritten even if "overwrite" was enabled by user.
12. Fixed: Sometimes during a multiple CD auto-ripping operation, MC would not restart ripping when a new CD was inserted.
13. Fixed: Secure ripping log for multi-CD autorip session is now saved separately in the folder for each CD ripped.
14. Fixed: If secure multi-CD autorip session was canceled, the log file showed all tracks canceled.

Thanks for all of these! They're greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure we're quite there, though. I noticed some wonkiness when trying to keep the autorip going with multiple drives. I think it may just be in the status reporting, though. Sometimes, a list of tracks will only show "On Disc" and other times the status won't say anything at all. Other times, all of the drives will happily report their ripping percentage. Because of this, I tried multiple times to restart ripping. In the end, I decided to just ignore it and see what happened, and it appears that MC was ripping all along. It's hard to tell, though. The next time I see it happen, where it's reporting anything other than ripping, I'll remember to check my music folder to see if apes and cues are showing up. I did notice that when some files weren't reporting that they were ripping, that the action window rip status was reporting only that it was ripping 1 or 2 instead of the 3 that I had going.

mageeol

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 11:05:29 am »

Thanks for all of these! They're greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure we're quite there, though. I noticed some wonkiness when trying to keep the autorip going with multiple drives. I think it may just be in the status reporting, though. Sometimes, a list of tracks will only show "On Disc" and other times the status won't say anything at all. Other times, all of the drives will happily report their ripping percentage. Because of this, I tried multiple times to restart ripping. In the end, I decided to just ignore it and see what happened, and it appears that MC was ripping all along. It's hard to tell, though. The next time I see it happen, where it's reporting anything other than ripping, I'll remember to check my music folder to see if apes and cues are showing up. I did notice that when some files weren't reporting that they were ripping, that the action window rip status was reporting only that it was ripping 1 or 2 instead of the 3 that I had going.

I'm really glad to see these fixes, as well.  Multi-CD ripping has been...weird...under MC.  I've seen the same lack of reporting that you have.  I've noticed that it doesn't seem to start ripping a newly inserted CD until after another CD track has finished ripping, or maybe after a track has finished encoding.  Even then, it can sometimes fall behind in reporting ripping progress by as much as a track or so, at which point the display suddenly "catches up."  I've learned to just trust it to get to the rip eventually, but it is hard to get used to.

Owen

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 11:18:09 am »

I've noticed that it doesn't seem to start ripping a newly inserted CD until after another CD track has finished ripping, or maybe after a track has finished encoding. 
Yes, this was where the bug fix was. It was requiring an "event" to take place in order to continue ripping the newly inserted CD.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 12:58:06 pm »

It is possible to synchronize titles from a handheld pc to the local library?

Not library to> Handheld but Handheld to> library, I would find it very practically

At the best also with the right mouse button "Import to the library" for titles on the Handheld.

Right Mouse Button click on a title on the Handheld "Delete" is not translated why?

And here is the current German language file, please inserts it into the next build.
My email Provider has problems...  ?
http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/german.zip
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

ferent

• Galactic Citizen
  • Go to Linux
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 02:09:32 pm »

It is possible to synchronize titles from a handheld pc to the local library?

Not library to> Handheld but Handheld to> library, I would find it very practically

At the best also with the right mouse button "Import to the library" for titles on the Handheld.

Right Mouse Button click on a title on the Handheld "Delete" is not translated why?

And here is the current German language file, please inserts it into the next build.
My email Provider has problems... ?
http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/german.zip

Yes please, I want to update a PC with my Zen Player´s songs, and now it´s impossible...
Go to linux

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 03:45:41 pm »

Album view only looks at the album tag.  Either switch the albums to something like "Greatest Hits (Nirvana)", or switch the view scheme to use an expression like [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album] as the "Album" piece.

This doesn't seem to work when using thumbnail browsing - it completely ignores the custom expression. E.g. I had a view scheme set up like:
Genre
Album Artist (auto)
Custom Expression called Album: "[Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]"
Name

It works fine in panes, but in thumbnail browser, the drop down menu ignores the custom expression, and when drilling down through the levels, it goes genre -> album artist (auto) -> name, missing out the custom expression.
Pages: [1]   Go Up