INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy image from file tag  (Read 1142 times)

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Copy image from file tag
« on: April 21, 2006, 10:18:05 pm »

Help! I lose a lot of image thumbnails from the file tag when I build my library. In addition, Information stored in the Bios fields of some files often ends up in the Comment field. Theis happens every time I clear the Library and rebuild it from my hard drive. However, what I can't figure out is how to copy an image from a file which contains it, and paste it to a file from which it has been lost during the library buikding process. I have had tried several options, but MC wants to copy an image from the first file of a particular artist, and this is sometimes the file from which the thumbnail is missing. How do I copy an image from a selected file.  Sorry for the long post, but I am at wits end.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Copy image from file tag
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 07:18:08 am »

Copy the image from the Action Window display, not from the browser thumbnail.

Action Window > File Properties > Image

In general, you could regularly make library backups and restore when needed instead of starting from the scratch. I am still using the same main library that I started about four years ago with MJ8.

File > Edit > Library > Backup Library... (and Restore Library...)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 10:15:33 pm »

I have tried this, but if I sort by artist in the list payne and there are several albums by a particular artist, the art work for the first album in the list is always copied to the clipboard even though the file selected is from another album.

I had all my files taged and organized using Musicmatch. When I imported them to MC I noticed that some of my art work would be missing from a few files. To fix this, I thought I could just copy the cover art from a file of the same album and paste it in the tage of the file with the missing art work. However, as mentioned above, the first file in the sorted album list is the one selected by MC for coping to the clipbord. The commands for copying  a file to the clipboardfor state this. Try it! Click on Image/Copy to clipboard (first file).  I am using ver 11.1.136

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 02:07:59 am »

... However, as mentioned above, the first file in the sorted album list is the one selected by MC for coping to the clipbord. The commands for copying  a file to the clipboardfor state this. Try it! Click on Image/Copy to clipboard (first file).  I am using ver 11.1.136

Use a file list. Select only one file. The Action Window display will show the exact image that can be copied. It doesn't matter if the text says "Copy To Clipboard (first file)" since the image displayed is from the first, the last and the only selected file.

I have tried it and it works for me. Though I use the build 11.1.175. J River has released 39 builds after 11.1.136, but I doubt even the 11.1.136 build copies an image from a file that is not selected.

Install the latest build and try again. If that does not work please report in the bug thread.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:47:42 pm »

Thanks Alex. I downloaded the latest version and that did the trick. I did not realize I was that many versions behind. And I visit the forum daily. Funny, how time slips away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up