INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with muvo tx  (Read 1259 times)

michelefanelli

• Recent member
Problem with muvo tx
« on: April 18, 2006, 10:10:44 am »

I have some problem with my Creative MuVo Tx. Inserting it while MC 11.1.172 is running takes a lot of time (an hour approx.) while "working..." in order to make the Database.mpl.
That is too much, because i often change files in the Muvo (I use it for data mainly).

I have no sync options enabled and the only feature I want is transferring music or podcast with the options of creating a directory ROOT\[Artist] - - [Album] which works perfectly once the tiresome operation of building Database.mpl is done.

Can anyone help me? Is there a way of disabling the indexing procedure or a simple way of using the feature i want without classifying my muvo as an handheld player?

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with muvo tx
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 10:25:33 am »

Try the redetect devices in MC's options for Handhelds.  It's under Advanced there.

michelefanelli

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 10:33:30 am »

I've already tried it.  Still slow in updating (1 hour for 1 Gb, Usb 2.0 fully working). I know I have a lot of data files in my Usb drive, but I don't want each one of those indexed in the Database.mpl.

Thank you, however

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 12:35:56 pm »

What type of files are on the device?  It shouldn't take anywhere near that long.

Also, the database should only get built once so the slowdown should only be a one-time thing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

michelefanelli

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 07:53:49 am »

I have above all data files, i.e. simply text files, but a lot of them (2 hundreds or something like that). I am going to be more accurate, measuring indexing time once deleted database.mpl and reporting the exact indexing time. In the meantime, do you know if there is the possibility of avoiding the indexing of files which are not audio or images?

Thank you a lot
Pages: [1]   Go Up