INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cd burning: credit where it's due :D  (Read 1705 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
cd burning: credit where it's due :D
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:53:45 pm »

moaning and bitching is easy. to me, it often seems to be human nature that the opposite is also true, so, here's some 'credit that's due' :)

I've never really had much joy using MC's cd burning functions and as such, tend to shy away from them, using export to m3u and burn with nero instead.

Yesterday, I used MC to burn an audio cd, and, for the first time ever, I used the 'print cd labels' tool. Audio playback did not falter during the burn.

it was a pleasant and painless experience that all worked very well indeed, and I'll use it again next time.
thank you.

I must also say 'thank you' to scthom as the source files were .flacs, and without his unstinting plugin support, that would not have been possible.

scthom

Re: cd burning: credit where it's due :D
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 09:16:13 pm »

Thanks, Marko.  A few kind words really do make it worthwhile.

JohnT

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 12:59:25 pm »

That's nice to hear. Thanks for taking the time to post your experience.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

modelmaker

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 03:05:57 pm »

Well I would like to confirm marko's observations. I have been reluctant to leave 11.0 behind as I do miss some usabillity features that I was comfortable with.

However, I made a 1/2 dozen CDs last nite with MC 11.177, including labels and covers, all going on at the same time and everything went flawlessly! Up thru MC 11.0, I could only do one thing at a time. The burns also seemed to go faster as well. Good Job! :)
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 04:05:32 pm »

hmm...writing CD's/DVDs and doing other stuff.. simultaneously.

..sounds a bit dangerous to me regardless of the writing software or what the sales guys says your PC is capable of.

modelmaker

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 10:15:45 pm »

In the past the printer always slowed down, and the music would stutter while ripping. There was none of that with 11.177 last nite. ...And I'd only had one drink! ;D
Jay.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 02:30:07 am »

years ago, I had a philips 4x cd burner with no burnproof technology. It would take that thing 25 minutes to burn 650 megs of data using easy cd creator v3.5!! If I so much as breathed on the computer during the burn.... buffer underrun. ahhhh, the memories.

Now I have burnproof enabled drives, and they work in just the way they're supposed to, so sure, I quite often 'do other stuff' during a burn. There were no sales guys involved with this PC either. I hand picked the components and built it myself. That was more than 4 years ago now and it still manages everything I throw at it.

Never be afraid to explore the capabilities of your system, you never know what you might be missing. you would be hard pressed to break it, maybe just a coaster or two while you learn what you'll get away with and what you won't.

modelmaker

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 03:09:21 am »

Now I have burnproof enabled drives, and they work in just the way they're supposed to, so sure, I quite often 'do other stuff' during a burn. There were no sales guys involved with this PC either. I hand picked the components and built it myself. That was more than 4 years ago now and it still manages everything I throw at it.

Same here exactly. Not many coasters, but in the past it's often been problamatic doing other things while ripping or burning. This now seems to have been resolved, hoorah!

Jay.

LesC

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 10:14:12 am »

Thanks, Marko.  A few kind words really do make it worthwhile.

hmmm.. YOU GUYS RULE !!! MEDIA CENTER's THE BEST !! even if it has a few quirks here and there.. but hey nobody's perfect :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up