INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.178  (Read 5134 times)

SwellGuy

Media Center 11.1.178
« on: April 27, 2006, 04:39:59 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  MC11.1 is a free upgrade from MC11.0. 

If you're new to MC11, please use the build from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111178.exe

11.1.178 (4/27/2006)

1. Fixed: YADB lookup was failing in cases where multiple CD's were being analyzed simultaneously.
2. Fixed: Podcast episodes were not being updated until the Feed was refreshed the second time.
3. Changed: Read offset compensation option removed from advanced CD ripping options page.
4. Fixed: During auto-rip, if a CD was canceled due to missing meta-data, it could not be restarted without an eject and re-insert.
5. Fixed: MC sometimes incorrectly listed files as not sync'd on drive based handhelds.
6. Fixed: 'Ignore Articles' causing items to disappear from groupings in some views and servers.

11.1.177 (4/25/2006)

1. Changed: Spanish translation file updated.
2. Fixed: The word "ROOT" used in the base path for a handheld STILL not working properly for all devices. (MuVo, etc.)
3. Fixed: Some context menu items were not getting translated.

11.1.176 (4/24/2006)

1. Changed: LAME MP3 tail bytes ignored when playing from CUE files.
2. Changed: Improved support for the Sony PSP.
3. Fixed: The word "ROOT" used in the base path for a handheld still not working properly for all devices. (MuVo, etc.)
4. Fixed: The "restart ripping" link in the rip action window sometimes would not restart ripping.
5. Fixed: A cloned library would share thumbnails with the source library.

11.1.175 (4/20/2006)

1. Fixed: MC crashing related to downloading Audible content.
2. Changed: German translation file updated.
3. NEW: OmniFi DMS1 now in UPnP Device List.
4. NEW: OmniFi DMS1 now supports autodetection.
5. Fixed: The word "ROOT" used in the base path for a handheld wouldn't work properly. (PSP, etc.)

11.1.174 (4/19/2006)

1. Fixed: MC crashing related to translation of the action windows.

11.1.173 (4/19/2006)

1. Fixed: Silent import commands issued when MC wasn't running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Action window titles weren't getting translated.
3. NEW: Added substring searching to expression IsEqual(...) function.
4. Fixed: Some help links were broken.
5. NEW: OmniFi DMS now supported.
6. Changed: Scroll position is better preserved when changing thumbnail sizes.
7. Fixed: Drilling into a tile in a library view would change the start location you'd see when leaving and coming back to the view.
8. Fixed: Keyboard shortcut for Options (Ctrl+O) wasn't working correctly.
9. Fixed: Cue file ripping wasn't working with multiple CD drives.
10. Fixed: Tagging error messages were shown when ripping to a Cue file.
11. Fixed: Old Cue files were not overwritten even if "overwrite" was enabled by user.
12. Fixed: Sometimes during a multiple CD auto-ripping operation, MC would not restart ripping when a new CD was inserted.
13. Fixed: Secure ripping log for multi-CD autorip session is now saved separately in the folder for each CD ripped.
14. Fixed: If secure multi-CD autorip session was canceled, the log file showed all tracks canceled.
15. Fixed: When file conversion is set to replace the original file it would append (1) to the filename.
16. Fixed: Better status and progress messaging for CD burning of transcoded music files.
17. Fixed: Temporary ISO image file for CD burning of transcoded music files was not getting deleted.

11.1.172 (4/14/2006)

1. Fixed: Wait messages could show invalid text in some cases.
2. Fixed: The "Top Hits" stock smartlist could show files that had never played if there hadn't been 100 plays of other files yet.
3. Fixed: "Redetect Devices..." could cause a crash if pressed immediately after detecting a device.
4. Fixed: With continuous playback off, and "CD Player Style" previous wouldn't work properly for the first track in a playlist.
5. Fixed: Media Editor was not properly decoding files.
6. Changed: Thumbnail size slider preserves spacing used in Customize Current View...
7. Changed: Tuned aspect ratio used by thumbnail size slider to be media type specific.
8. Fixed: During multiple CD rip process, CD's would not always eject upon rip completion.

11.1.171 (4/10/2006)

1. Fixed: During Audio Analysis or Format Conversion, keyboard shortcuts would not work properly.
2. NEW: Update the French translation. (thanks Jean-Marc)
3. Changed: The Action Window no longer has an empty row at the bottom of it.
4. Fixed: Quickly double-clicking in the panes could play items from the previous selection.
5. Fixed: MC would occasionally list all (or nearly all) files on a device in duplicate.
6. Fixed: MC could have trouble reconciling a file on a device if it didn't have an album name.
7. Fixed: Syncing to some devices failing due to bad metadata.
8. Fixed: When ripping from multiple CD drives, CD's ejected and re-inserted at odd times.

11.1.170 (4/8/2006)

1. Fixed: The installer could crash on some systems.

11.1.169 (4/7/2006)

1. NEW: Added more skin effects under Tools > Skins > Skin Effects...
2. Fixed: Shell extensions could cause a crash.
3. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, some button text could appear the wrong color.
4. Fixed: If focus was shifted away from the installer during an upgrade install, it would not always finish properly.

11.1.168 (4/7/2006)

1. Fixed: Launching Media Center while Media Server or Media Center was already running could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Package Installer (Check for Updates, skin installation, etc.) would exit with an error.
3. Fixed: Tagging mode would reset list selections after making a change.
4. Fixed: Refresh (F5) wouldn't properly preserve the file list state in pane mode.
5. Fixed: With skin effects enabled, button text could appear the wrong color on the over and down states.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
New thumbnail slider bar for resizing
Integrated library and library browser system
Support for Dvico's FusionHDTV 5 USB
Improved translation system and several new languages
Perfectly gapless MP3 playback (when files were encoded with a recent version of LAME)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Media Center 11.1.178
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 05:04:14 am »

11.1.176:  1. Changed: LAME MP3 tail bytes ignored when playing from CUE files.

If this means the problem with gapless playback of LAME encoded CUE tracks I don't think the fix is working yet. Please, compare the cue tracks and the source MP3 file from my sample package: CombinedClipsAndCue.zip (845 KB).

Also, because this cue file does not contain track names MC displays the names as Track01, Track02, Track03 etc. However, the Name field of the first track stays empty and "Track01" shows up in the Album field.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

omnifiuser1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 09:11:06 am »

Noticed since 11.1.175 Playing a Single file w/ cue via UPnP:

Ripped CD-ROM using "Rip to single file with cue rather than separate files" feature and encoded to MP3.

On the MediaRenderer (via the UPnP server running in MC), navigate to a track within the single file (using Artist/Album navigation) and then attempt to play a song from the album.

Instead of getting the correct song from within the MP3, the MC UPnP Server starts streaming from the beginning of the file instead of the correct location within the file.

The music player built into MC 11.1.178 plays the correct "track" from within the MP3.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 11:22:24 am »

Hi folks,

I'm found that there has been a marked increase in the number of times the error dialog pops up about not being able to read the catalog information from a CD inserted into the drive ( the one asking to eject and reinsert the CD, and for which there was an earlier thread "Medical Center..." [sic] at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33382.0 ).

I had thought there was some correlation w/EAC, but this does not seem to be the case.  After a number of inserted CDs, MC refuses to obtain title track information.  It is drive-specific, as it will read from another drive on my system.  The only way I could resolve the problem was to reboot the system.

Any chance of looking into this?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 03:32:00 pm »

I'm still getting errors trying to sync with my PPC storage card in this build.

Screenshot showing Error status and zero byte files: http://ken.wakefield.free.fr/Screenshots/PPC_Sync_Error.jpg

Copy of handheld debug log during problem: http://ken.wakefield.free.fr/Screenshots/PPC_Sync_Error_Log.txt

MC.dic file: http://ken.wakefield.free.fr/Screenshots/MC.dic

MC.dc file: http://ken.wakefield.free.fr/Screenshots/MC.dc

Anyone else having the same problem? If not, can anyone who syncs to a Pocket PC's storage card successfully, please confirm?

Thanks,
Kwake

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 05:28:02 pm »

5. Fixed: MC sometimes incorrectly listed files as not sync'd on drive based handhelds.
Works for me now, thanks :)

If you are editing a playlist in a action-window-type-thing in the sidebar (e.g. when you right click on a song -> send to -> playlist -> create playlist), and while this is open, use the search box to locate a song, pressing shift + enter plays the playlist, not the search results. Is this a bug, or intended behaviour? If it is intended, perhaps this should be rethought.

loki128

• Recent member
  • It's some desu.
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:12:01 pm »

Sync problem seems to be sorted now! Thanks.

dhill

• Recent member
  • Has anyone seen the bridge?
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 06:31:58 pm »

When ripping a CD to a cue file the duration on the last track is set to the tracks playtime minus the total cd play time and ends up as a negative number. EX: cd total play time = 30:50 and track time is 3:01 the duration for the track is set to -27:49. Duration for all other tracks is fine.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 12:54:40 am »

Is there a problem with MC11.exe commands? I have upgraded to 11.1 on my wakeup call computer, and it doesn't play the wakeup playlist with the command C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC11.exe /PlayReplace "d:\dokumenter\Playlists\wakeup-call.m3u|zone=3"

Edit: Solved. The synthax must have changed somewhere, now this works:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC11.exe /PlayReplace d:\dokumenter\Playlists\wakeup-call.m3u|zone=3
So without the two ".
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 01:06:09 pm »

The thumbnails spacing has broken again :-(
Problem that was fixed in 172.
Moving the size slider resets the thumbnail spacing to 1.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 06:49:15 am »

Could you add to the contextual menu of each playlist the link (~ an option) "Edit this Playlist"? PLEASE
That will increase much the software ergonomics.   ;)

i.e. / example :

? A bug appeared when I held the 'next' button. Elapsed Time is higher than Total Time!

Here is the effect on the playback position:

Thanks,
mobyF

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 08:40:23 am »

? A bug appeared when I held the 'next' button. Elapsed Time is higher than Total Time!

Theres more problems here too, when you change track, the fast forwarding seeking is "remembered" where it should be reset.
To reproduce
1.  Start listening to a track
2.  Fast forward to say 75% through.
3.  Change to next track
4.  Do some fast forwarding, it continues from 75%

Still some help links broken also
CD under Options
and also CD & DVD Burning

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 09:17:12 am »

MC Reports A Newly Imported File Missing

Note The "—" (This should have shown up as a square box)

TTC_Bio55d Making ATP—The Chemiosmotic The.mp3

All Files With This In The File Name Is Reported As Missing
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 11:01:01 am »

Customize Current View Has A Button For "Move To Top"

But No "Move To Bottom"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 04:10:36 am »

When using tagging mode, I click on 'unassigned' to find files to tag. When I select one, and then click on the checkbox for a tag, that part of the pane immediately scrolls to the bottom of the list, making it hard to tell if the file has been tagged or not. Using 11.1.178.

SwellGuy

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 10:07:49 am »

kwake,

Please email me at rick at jriver so we can troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks,
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up