INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Closing MC display window exits to standard view  (Read 1199 times)

Jay Levitt

Closing MC display window exits to standard view
« on: May 09, 2006, 08:00:33 am »

With MC 11.1.172, when I double-click on a file in Windows Explorer, it launches MC in, say, theatre mode (or windowed, or whichever I've chosen).  When I'm done watching that video, I click "close", and it goes away - to be replaced by the full window, which is still playing the audio from that video!

I posted here before, and folks told me to check out the various display options.  I have, but I don't see anything specific to this issue.

How do I tell MC that "close" means go away?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: MC window whack-a-mole?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 08:13:06 am »

The only two places you can actually tell MC to close are from the Standard View and Mini View. In all of the other views, you can only exit the view, not MC.

Although if you can see the taskbar button for MC, or the system tray icon, you can tell MC to exit from there as well. They're usually obscurred by the full screen window, though.

It might make a good request for MC12, though.

Jay Levitt

Re: Closing MC display window exits to standard view
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:09:32 am »

Wow... and standard view seems not to show video.  So there's absolutely no way to play a video and then close it!

I'm getting the idea that MC is really more for audio, even though it offers to associate with video and pix.  That's cool - I just didn't realize it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Closing MC display window exits to standard view
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 07:17:01 am »

Wow... and standard view seems not to show video.  So there's absolutely no way to play a video and then close it!
Standard View shows the video in the Playing Now window.
Video also displays in Windowed mode and in Fullscreen.

If it doesn't do that, there is some problem on your PC.  Are you using two screens?  Does it display on one and not the other?
Pages: [1]   Go Up