INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View/Edit lyrics  (Read 2024 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
View/Edit lyrics
« on: May 04, 2006, 09:51:43 am »

Now that we have all these great plug-ins to grab lyrics from other sites, I would like to be able to go through and make sure that what they grabbed looks okay and make edits if necessary. I don't know of an easy way to do this.

It would be nice if there was a plug-in that displays the lyrics for the songs (I guess it has to be from the Playing Now) and lets me make any edits. Then I can click a Next or Previous button to go to the next song's lyrics. It should have a Save button so that Next & Previous don't save anything that shouldn't be saved. And while we're at it, it should have the Copy to Clipboard button like the MC Lyric's editor plus a Copy from Clipboard button in case we have to go elsewhere manually to get the correct lyrics.

With this in hand along with the other lyrics plug-ins it should be really easy to get lyrics for all our songs.

Jeff
Jeff

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: View/Edit lyrics
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 10:51:33 am »

Are you aware you can edit/view tags quickly for each track by pressing ALT-ENTER?

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 03:03:34 pm »

Are you aware you can edit/view tags quickly for each track by pressing ALT-ENTER?
Yup. But that doesn't let me see the entire lyrics for each track to know I need to press Alt+Enter, find the Lyrics tag, and click Edit, and then continue with the next song.

Basically there isn't an easy way inside MC to view the lyrics, edit them, and easily go to the next one to do the same. It's no big deal when you have one or two and know which ones need to change but nothing for a multitude of songs.

If you want to see a similar method of what I'm talking about for photo descriptions, check out www.photothumb.com and how you can edit the photo descriptions (F12 I think it is) and click up or down to go to the next or previous one in the list after you make the edit.
Jeff

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 10:08:40 pm »

Use a visualization such as "Art & Lyrics Only" from the plugins page on this site.
I run that in full screen on one monitor and the standard playing now view on the other monitor.
If I see a lyric that needs edits, I can do that on the MC side with alt-enter.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 07:13:33 am »

I could have sworn I had seen previous posts about people wanting the same thing. I already use a Track Info that displays the lyrics but think it would be easier to have a specific lyrics editor built-in. Apparently no one else does, so I'll be quiet and use what's there. Thanks to all for the finding lyrics plug-ins though that gets me most of the way there!
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 08:25:07 am »

OK, I recant what I said. I just used my Track Info page that has the lyrics and kept the Tag Info open on the left to the Lyrics field. I could easily play a song, see the lyrics, and if needed, just click Edit to change it. It is nice that if I really felt like it I could listen and correct lyrics as it went along.

KingSparta, if you're reading this, I just uploaded my updated ones via Lyrics Finder. However, a couple lyrics were changed on me. How can I tell Lyrics Finder not to update my lyrics if I already have some and mine don't agree with yours?
Jeff

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 11:32:06 am »

Well, if you're still interested, I whipped up a quick and dirty plugin that'll do this.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33530.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up