INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wintv pvr usb2 no sound, image locks and distorts  (Read 4274 times)

bosslove

• Recent member
Wintv pvr usb2 no sound, image locks and distorts
« on: May 07, 2006, 10:13:15 pm »

? ? ???Help! I just installed a win tv pvr usb2 into my system. it appears to work fine with win tv 2000, but as soon as i try to run it on Media Center, it #1) has no sound. #2) after a minute or so the picture locks and i get a completely distorted picture with a separate moving multi color band on the bottom of the picture. i installed it right, when i first start the media center i get a fine pic, but no sound... then if i change the channels after about a minute it goes totally whacked. what do i do? i like the tv tuner much better on the media center, but as it stands... i am stuck using the wintv 2000. i have reset the channels three times, i have changed the audio settings to every possible setting, and still nothing. if anyone out ther can help me along i would be very greatful. Thanks ahead of time,r  ? ? ?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Wintv pvr usb2 no sound, image locks and distorts
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:35:36 am »

For sound problem:

TV Options -> Audio tab. Uncheck "This device requires a cable to route sound directly to sound card", and choose "DirectSound" for audio rendering device.

Not sure about the picture problem. It works fine for me (I currently have the same device plugged in). What version of MC are you using? You need 11.1 for this device.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

bosslove

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 11:22:49 am »

>:( Danger will robinson, danger. this item is nothing but danger. i tried to install three times. kept running into "device not recognized". Started losing USB items, and finally i attempted to load the new drivers from the site and boom my computer crashed completely. and, the win tv doesn't even light up now. so, wooosh it's going back with one day left on return. i don't even mind paying the 15% restock because this is nothing but trouble. i originally plugged it in my laptop and it worked fine for two weeks, then i wanted to put it on my main frame, and that's where the trouble started. Check the internet (google) "trouble with win tv". and you'll see. so i am now looking for the best ATI internal, hoping that that will be no problem. can't find the list, but i'll find it with some work (search). Last but not least, you have put together an amazing product, i am actually giving you my money, for th first time this week. i love your Media Center. THANKS! :-*

bosslove

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 11:45:32 am »

hi Yaobing. thanks for getting back so quick before. can you direct me to the latest list of supported tv capture cards (with comments, hopefully). analog and digital would be great. something that may integrate easily and successfully. i would like to face as few problems as necessary. analog, for now, is the primary importance. digital is for future use. please let me know. thanks :-* 8) ;D

bosslove

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 01:00:10 pm »

sorry to be a pest, but since you have more experience with MC than most of us, which specific tv capture card is the highest quality and the most stable? would LOVE your opinion. would still appreciate the link to acceptable supported cards. was just looking at the ATI site and there current choices, especially the highest end the "theatre 550" don't seem to be listed here in your info, help or forums. i must be a retard.
(i only have PCI (no PCIe) i have limited choices. this is an issue.
thanks again,
r ? 8) :-\

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 01:10:27 pm »

sorry to be a pest, but since you have more experience with MC than most of us, which specific tv capture card is the highest quality and the most stable? would LOVE your opinion. would still appreciate the link to acceptable supported cards. was just looking at the ATI site and there current choices, especially the highest end the "theatre 550" don't seem to be listed here in your info, help or forums. i must be a retard.
(i only have PCI (no PCIe) i have limited choices. this is an issue.
thanks again,
r ? 8) :-\

We are not quite upto date in terms of supporting new devices. ATI Theatre 550 has not been tested. Since it uses MPEG2, likely it will not work for now, until I add some work to MC.

bosslove

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 01:18:17 pm »

WOW, you rock.
thanks for the IMMEDIATE response.
i will be happy when i pay for the MC ( today or tomorrow).
you and your system rocks.
thanks,
r
 ;D ;D ;D

bosslove

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 06:46:50 pm »

i am willing to try the hauppauge 350 if you say that the signal is a better signal. even though my first experience with Hauppauge kinda sucked, but do you think that there is a significant difference between the 350 and the HDTV Wonder? i woulod only be using the analog for now, looking to the future as far as HDTV. my question is, do you know if the analog side of the HDTV Wonder is still unstable, as mentioned in another thread, or would it allow me sufficient (close to the ATI 350) performance?
thanks, ? ?
r

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 08:24:03 am »

If only comparing the analog part of ATI HDTV Wonder with WinTV PVR 350, I would definitely choose 350. If you want the digital tuner, then HDTV Wonder is good. Its analog part fairly good. The stability issue has been solved in recent builds of MC 11.1. It works much better now.

The advantage of 350:

Hardware encoding and decoding to/from MPEG-2. Video is recorded in MPEG-2 directly. There is no need to use a video coder during recording and time-shifting. This saves a lot of CPU power.

Using ATI devices you would normally need to use a video compressor during recording and time-shifting. Especially during time-shifting, you have to compress before writing to disk, and decompress when playing back. If you choose not to compress, it would tax your hard disk too much since it would simultaneously write to and read from the disk large amounts of data.

This issue may not be that important in today's computers. In older, less powerful computers this is very important.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 02:30:22 pm »

hi i been w\ media center since version 10. looking to add a tv tuner card to computer now, any ideas for the best one to get. my goal... to hook up my tivo satellite to it, and record also i would prefer a internal card if possible! and be able to control\change the channels in another room (ir is not going to be possible, i'm using an rf remote now) remote question i have is do any of you guys know a remote that has the capability of being able to move the mouse on the computer? right now in my theater room i'm unsing a universal 16 device remote to control theater but whenever i use computer in theater room to choose songs videos etc. I have to use my viewpoint wireless rf keyboard that has a mouse incorporated into it. is there a remote control out there that can be a universal remote but also control a computer via rf\be able to move the mouse and selct items, be nice to be able to control computer and theater\lights all from one remote, and only use keyboard if i choose to surf the net\type something which is very rare i would do that in the theater room.

thanks guys for all your help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 04:42:03 pm »

Yaobing's list of "Officially Supported TV Devices" was split here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33741.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up